NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
How to use PHP Documentor ??? *resolved*

I try to use PHP Documentor, but it just try to open a index.html page who don't exist !
I don't find anything in the phped documentation about PHP Documentor.

Thanks.
Site Admin

If you have a project with some files already in, you can set project property "phpdoc_target_dir" (see Custom tab) it's where php documentor will store results, then right click on a project directory or on a project itself and select PHP Documentor.
It will scan all your files in selected directory and put documentation into specified directory.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

That's exactly what I'm do, I can see a progress bar then phped try to open index.html but no files are created on the specified "phpdoc_target_dir".

URL of the unexistant index.html file : res://D:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#file://D:\phpdoc\index.html
Site Admin

dnserror.htm ?
Have you tried to open D:\phpdoc\index.html directly ?
What IE version do you have installed ?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

okay - can anyone point me to where I must fund this custom tab? If I go to the project properties dialog, I only have three tabs:

Properties
CVS
Mapping

There is no "custom tab", nor do I see the php Document action when I right-click the project...
Site Admin

I'd recommend you reinstall the product over existing one and make sure you check PHP Documentor when the installer asks for components to install.
Anyway, just for your info:
-php documentor comes from "Customization" (see this tab in tools->settings) There should be a menu item, executed by Shell and with command line like this: @php@ "C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\phpDocumentor\phpdoc" -t "@Projpath(phpdoc_target_dir)@" -d "@FName@"
where @Projpath(phpdoc_target_dir)@ is a variable to be defined in the project settings, namely phpdoc_target_dir. It's a target directory where your project's documentation should be output by php documentor.
Depending on the other settings, the menu element may be shown in the File Tabs popup and/or in the Workspace tab one, or in the Tools->Scripts menu.

thanks for that...
when I click the action now, it says

"Windows can not find the file C:\Program"
=> Is there something I need to do to have it escape the space?
Site Admin

No, you don't need to escape but quote the path/file name. See the command line I listed.

Actually, what is in there currently is

@php@ "C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\phpDocumentor\phpdoc" -t "@Projpath(phpdoc_target_dir)@" -d "@FName@

which is quoted...

Any thoughts?

Same here. While trying to track down the error I found several strange things:

first:
The original line in the config looked like the following:
Code:
@php@ "C:\Programme\nusphere\phped\phpDocumentor\phpDocumentor\phpdoc" -t "@Projpath(phpdoc_target_dir)@" -d "@FName@

But well, phpdoc(.bat, I assume) resides one level above in
Code:
C:\Programme\nusphere\phped\phpDocumentor\phpdoc

I fixed this but still only got empty index.html. Then I found out that "-d" expects a directoryname, but @FName@ gives back an filename (incl. directory). So I changed this to @ProjRoot@. Still no result...

So I executed phpdoc.bat from the above directory manually in the CLI.
First I hat to configure the variable
Code:
SET phpCli=C:\Programme\nusphere\phped\php5\php.exe
as it was empty what will result in a failure to start that .bat-file.
Then again I launched the .bat-file, this time with the following result:

Code:
Starting: "C:\Programme\nusphere\phped\php5\php.exe" phpdoc -c "phpDocumentor.in
i"

PHP=`which php`
exec $PHP -C -q -d output_buffering=1 $0 $@

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in C:\Programme\nusphere\phped\phpDocumentor
\phpDocumentor\ParserElements.inc on line 238
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

Well, thats the point where I'm clueless, and to be honest, not willing to debug that further on...

Any hints?
Marcus
View user's profileFind all posts by MarcusSchwarzSend private messageVisit poster's websiteICQ Number
Site Admin

phpdoc is that script that should be run by php, nothing else.
path to this script is defined incorrectly by default, indeed
and @php@ must be @php4@ since phpdocumentor should be run by php4, not php5.

therefore

@php@ "C:\Programme\nusphere\phped\phpDocumentor\phpDocumentor\phpdoc" -t "@Projpath(phpdoc_target_dir)@" -d "@FName@

should be corrected to

@php4@ "C:\Programme\nusphere\phped\phpDocumentor\phpdoc" -t "@Projpath(phpdoc_target_dir)@" -d "@FName@

php4 is not available on this machine Crying or Very sad
are there any other tools available for that job?

marcus
View user's profileFind all posts by MarcusSchwarzSend private messageVisit poster's websiteICQ Number
How to use PHP Documentor ??? *resolved*