NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
How to set up SELinux to allow remote debugging?

@dmitri,

This is running on Centos 6 with SELinux enabled.

I've set up my debugger to go over SSH tunnel - port 7777 on 127.0.0.1 on a remote box connects via tunnel to my Windows where PHPEd debugger is listening on port 7777.

Initiating debugging with debugbreak('123@127.0.0.1:7777;d=1,p=0,c=0'); via CLI script on remote box starts debugger on my Windows just fine.

However, when you access that same script via HTTP, dbg is throwing error that permission was denied to connect to 127.0.0.1:7777.

Disabling SELinux fixes the problem.

Question - how should I configure SELinux to allow remote debugging over HTTP?

Thanks
Site Admin

you need to allow the server application (the process that runs php binary) to open connection to localhost using TCP/7777 port. That's it. As of application -- if you're running Apache php4apache module, php binary is loaded a shared object in this case and therefore it's Apache itself (httpd) should be granted this permission. If you're running php-fpm, a standalone fcgi process, you need to grant php-fpm with permissions to open such connections.
You may want to read manual about how to configure SELinux https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/8/html/using_selinux/configuring-selinux-for-applications-and-services-with-non-standard-configurations_using-selinux
NOTE -- you need only localhost (127.0.0.1), not "any" host and connections is originating FROM the application to a listener in SSHD process, not TO the listener in the application, like in case of apache 80 port.