NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
select block code between brackets / select single line

Hello,

Okay, after searching the forum for a couple of hours, I cannot find these "how to's" and I'm sure I'm missing something...
(although these postings were close...)

1.) How do you select all code between brackets?
2.) How do you select a single line of code. (Click on the line number creates a breakpoint.)

Thanks.
Site Admin

Quote:
1.) How do you select all code between brackets?

threre is no such functionality but will be soon.

Quote:
2.) How do you select a single line of code. (Click on the line number creates a breakpoint.)

To select line 1 through say 2nd, click on the 1st line in the gutter and while holding left button, drag mouse to the 3rd line and release button.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I found a bug or a strange feature that I don't understand with selecting text while holding the alt button and using the mouse

To recreate this bug:

It looks like block selected text with the mouse disables key board shorcut commands on the text.

If you hold just the alt button and drag the mouse it selects a block of text. I then pressed the delete button to remove it. Nothing happened. I tried control x nothing happened. I however was able to right click and use the cut option from the drop menu to cut the text away. Also afterwords I was not able to use control z to undo what I just did but the menu undo worked.

I tried using the alt shift buttons and the arrow keys to select a block of text and I was able to delete and control x the text as well as use the right click menu.

Alt shift buttons and mouse click seams to work fine.

Sorry if this is a repost I didnt' see it anywhere else

Nusphere 4.5 build 4511.

TW
Site Admin

Alt key moves focus to the main menu.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks for the response. It makes sense why the control options wern't working.

Just a thought though:

Commands with control button should still shift focus back to the main application.
The only keys that are available from the main menu should be hot keys for the menu items and the arrow keys.

Alt button with any other key press including mouse shouldn't pass focus the menu in the first place.

Try it in Microsoft word, textpad, or most other applications (at least the ones I work with) they all have this same behavior.
Site Admin

I agree
How to select a block of code