How to run Debugger in CMS system

OK I have a pretty specifc problem here

My live website is vbulletin/vbA CPMS based

As it uses vbA CMS it calls a lot of pages that I have written like this

localhost/index.php?pageid=somepage

When I start a debug session it tries to run the same page as

localhost/forums/somepage.php instead

Which a) is quite simply not going to work and b) just causes phpEd to hang

How am I supposed to debug my code in this environment?

I have a development version of my site in a local apache server (on same PC as phpEd) and that is working OK

When I use the wizard to add all the sites php files to a project it seems happy with this too and tests the debugger as working OK so it is all good to this point.

I tried setting a breakpoint in somepage.php using phpEd then tried navigating to the page through the CMS using my internet browser (chrome) but it does not break at that point it just executes without stopping.

Sorry once again but I always seem to fail at the first hurdle when I try phpEd. I don't think I am stupid as such and I tried the 'intuitive' method - to me at least - but nothing useful happens. is the debugger capable of working in this type of environment and if so how do I get it to work? And to be blunt - reading the great things said about phpEd debugger - why is it so difficult to set a breakpoint in the php code that actually works?

Rich

Got it working once I realised I could use the Debug Toolbar added by phpEd to IE to navigate my site as normal then start debugging on next page when I wanted - instead of trying to debug my script from within phpEd IDE

I'm a bit purturbed though at the fact I ask basic questions here as a newbie and yet I always end up having to figurie it out mayself a day or two later Confused
Veteran

dicky96 wrote:
I'm a bit purturbed though at the fact I ask basic questions here as a newbie and yet I always end up having to figurie it out mayself a day or two later Confused

I know what you mean Rolling Eyes However, this Forum is not an "official" support service by NuSphere. What you will get here is advice from fellow users and the occasional input from staff members. If the product documentation does not tell you want to do and you are in a hurry, I recommend you contact NuSphere Support directly.

Some questions can be difficult (eg time consuming) for others to assist with, particularly questions relating to getting the debugger working. It can actually be quite easy to get debugging working, but there are also a lot of things that can go wrong. No fault of Nusphere for that (well, not always!).

I tend to keep away from 'cannot get debugger working' questions unless they look like straight forwrd answers. Wink

The great things you've heard about Nusphere Dbg (the actually debugger component) are true; it really is the best I've used. But the PhpED IDE needs some work to provide features that people are demanding.
How to run Debugger in CMS system