NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
how to invoke Context-Sensitive Help?

Hi,

I have a problem with the context-sensitive help function in phpEd 3.3.1. Ctrl+F1 is setup in the IDE settings to open context-sensitive help, but when I position the cursor on a php command, it doesn't do anything.

As suggested in another post, I've tried re-mapping it to ctrl+F12 and others, but still nothing. The menu option doesn't work either, but the normal help (F1) does work.

Can you suggest what could be wrong, please?

Debbie-Leigh
View user's profileFind all posts by Debbie-LeighSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

context-sensitive help should work by both F1 and Ctrl-F1.
Please make sure you did not change php manual. Open HELP tab, switch to Index, select php manual in drop down list, type phpinfo and click on Search. It will show the same topic as if you pressed F1 while cusor is on the phpinfo function call.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Context-Sensitive Help not working

Hi ddmitrie,

I did your suggestion and have played with it a bit more and ctrl+F1 is working, but it only seems to work with php functions, not with reserved words. Is that right? It would be great if it could work with both.

Debbie-Leigh
View user's profileFind all posts by Debbie-LeighSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

yet, all "reserved" words are not well-grouped in the php manual like for example php functions...
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
how to invoke Context-Sensitive Help?