NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
How to install other specific versions of PHP

Hi,

My current PhpED 19.5 has the capability to switch between PHP versions 5.4, 5.6, 7.4, 8.0.

I need to install other versions, for testing purposes and while I understand how to configure PhpED to the various versions I have in the X:\Program Files\NuSphere\PhpED folder, I just need to add some more PHP folders in there with all the other specific versions I need to test with.

Can someone please explain what is the best way to create these PHP folders? I have downloaded the specific PHP archives from PHP.net, but the folder content does not match what I have in the PhpED folder.

Thanks,
Adri

Hi,

I use Wamp Server to create switchable environment.
It allows switching not only PHP versions, but also apache servers and databases (mySQL / MariaDB).
Moreover, it has various (powershell) scripts to detect and/or fix various issues, supports virtual aliases, adminer / phpMyAdmin etc.

Thank you lubosdz,

I can see that the version I am after is part of the v19.0 later installer. I have asked NuSphere for a copy of that installer and if I get it I can then install in a separate folder and just grab and move across the PHP version I need.

Personally I feel that NuSphere should just leave the old trial versions of the latest version installers available to every registered users, this way we can always access and install older PHP versions if we need to.

Failing that, I might go the Wamp Server route.

Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated and I will look more into Wamp Server later on for those other aspects you have mentioned.

Regards,
Adri
Site Admin

Adri, you still have access to all the product versions that have purchased license for, and all the versions that were released and made available to you according to subscription. We don't provide access to any other versions and/or parts of.
If you need a specific version of PHP binary -- it is as simple as -- you download php binary from php.net, install it, add it to settings tables for PHP CLI and PHP SRV in phped, then run project wizard and it takes care to make sure that you have debugger.
Php binaries for Windwos platform are available from php.net:
https://windows.php.net/download/
https://windows.php.net/downloads/releases/
https://windows.php.net/downloads/releases/archives/
you can find all versions starting with 5.2 released in 2011