NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
How to exclude "vendor" project directory from sea

Hi,

composer introduced that external libraries are commonly stored under directory "application/vendor/".

This is good because IDE parses code inside for code completion etc.

But how to exclude this directory from search / replace in PHPEd ?

When I add into Project properties -> Content -> Hide directories ... ".git;vendor" then IDE won't parse scripts under "vendor" for code completion.

On the other hand, external libraries are often huge - takes long to search through and lists useless references.

Would it be possible e.g. to add extra field for excluding searched directories?

Or any advice how to exclude certain directory from search / replace while retaining parsed code for code completion?

Thank you.

Site Admin

"Tasks/To-Do list" window already has filter that allows to exclude files and directories from the results. It works for almost the same reason -- exclude TODOs embedded in 3rd party code.
Perhaps we can add an option to call this filer from "Find-In-Files" too.

You mean probably this tab:

Well, one would never guess, that he has to exclude directory from FIND/SEARCH under the TODO tab Smile

Such a usage is not even documented, right?

If you are looking for a minimum work to reach the effect, it may perhaps work, but users won't like it.

User friendly UI would have such a filter somewhere near FIND filtering tab ..

I believe adding possibility to exclude directories from FIND would be often used by many developers (my experience) & might also speed up code refactoring (? just a guess).

Thank you for feedback.
Site Admin

Yes and no. Why would TODO be involved in find in files? Of course, it shouldn't. The idea is to call the same filter we already have implemented. As of the find in files dialog, probably it will get a checkbox to activate filter and a button to invoke it

If there would be button to invoke the filter dialog, that would be great.
TODO filter also not working well (Win10)

On Windows 10 - the TODO filter unfortunatelly also does not work well.

I am trying to exclude "app/vendor" directory, but it:

1. somehow always changes colon in path into comma, e.g. d:\_projects\profimag\app\vendor\ turns into "d,\_projects\profimag\app\vendor\". See screen bellow. Sometime path stays correct and turns into comma after I invoke dialog multiple times. (back/forward slashes are not changed, it was me who changed then in the screenshot while testing why it does not work. So only comma is the problem.)

2. Filter does not exclude added directory, perhaps the reason comes from point 1. - not matching corrupted path .. ?

Also button "Select directory" would be pretty helpful there.

Currently copy & paste makes me uncertain, what syntax is expected - e.g.

* can I enter relative path "app/vendor" ?
* is path case sensitive ?
* Can/should I enter backslashes on Windows since it looks like paths are not excluded?

Thank you.
Lubos

How to exclude "vendor" project directory from sea