NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
How to disable automatic code folding on file open?

Hi there.

I've been using PhpEd for a long time however since my last employee insisted on Open source PHP IDE solutions I had to temporarily use...Well... Open source solutions Smile

Now after a year or so I am again doing a trial of the latest version of PhpEd and I have to say I am impressed as always meaning chances are I am going to go for a full license (again Very Happy).

However I am (again Very Happy) annoyed by a problem for which I can't seem to find a solution and it really is bugs me a lot.

The problem is that every time I open a file with existing source all of the phpDoc comments are being collapsed meaning that I have to click on every single one of them if I want to make a quick check of what the block actually contains. I've tried everything I thought to be reasonable and tampered with all the available options in the Code Folding settings section but nothing seems to help Sad

I really need the IDE to stop folding all those phpDoc blocks when I open a file because very often I am opening a file just to check the phpDoc blocks.

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Did you tried to uncheck "PHP PHPDoc comment" checkbox on "Code Folding" tab in Settings dialog?
See checkbox list below "Auto-collapse on open" checkbox. Or you may disable auto-collapse feature by unchecking "Auto-collapse on open" checkbox.

BTW, you may expand all folded regions by choosing Edit > Code Folding > Expand All menu item.

mdegtyarev wrote:
Did you tried to uncheck "PHP PHPDoc comment" checkbox on "Code Folding" tab in Settings dialog?
See checkbox list below "Auto-collapse on open" checkbox. Or you may disable auto-collapse feature by unchecking "Auto-collapse on open" checkbox.

Tried both of those options already and nothing changes. Its as if PhpEd completely ignores the settings in that (Code folding) section.

mdegtyarev wrote:
BTW, you may expand all folded regions by choosing Edit > Code Folding > Expand All menu item.

Yeah I know but if you have to go through hundreds of files it does get pretty tiresome since the IDE does something you didn't ask it to do Smile

Information about detected folding regions and their states cached in fileprop.cfg stored in %APPDATA%\NuSphere\PHPEd\config folder. Try disable "auto-collapse" feature, rename this file and then start PHPEd.

NOTE: Information about bookmarks, caret position and encoding stored in same file and will be lost if file renamed/deleted.

mdegtyarev wrote:
Information about detected folding regions and their states cached in fileprop.cfg stored in %APPDATA%\NuSphere\PHPEd\config folder. Try disable "auto-collapse" feature, rename this file and then start PHPEd.

NOTE: Information about bookmarks, caret position and encoding stored in same file and will be lost if file renamed/deleted.

That actually helped . Thanks. But still I can't make PhpEd actually accept the settings I set in Code Folding section Smile To make things more interesting I've noticed one odd thing. PhpEd actually accepts some of the settings I make but only if I restart the IDE and reopen the file that might have been left opened inside the IDE. But that happens completely random and I haven't been able to figure out the pattern according to which PhpEd decides to obey Smile

I am running Windows 7 x64 with UAC disabled and I've tried running it in Administrator mode but nothing changed.

Either way mdegtyarev thanks again for the solution Smile It will have to be enough while I take another close look at the IDE Smile
How to disable automatic code folding on file open?