NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
How to delete spaces from end of line

PHPED leaves a lot of extra spaces at the end of lines.

1) How can I display the spaces - used to EditPlus where I would see the spaces as light colored dots

2) I see an option for "Keep trailing blanks" but don't think this is the setting to automatically remove blanks at the end of lines. Is there such an option. I'm used to using Ctrl-Backspace to delete to the next word or in this case the end of line if I position the cursor after some spaces.
Site Admin

Quote:
How can I display the spaces - used to EditPlus where I would see the spaces as light colored dots

View->Show Hidden Characters

Quote:
PHPED leaves a lot of extra spaces at the end of lines

Tools->Settings, Editor settings, check either "Optimal fill" or uncheck "Keep trailing blanks"

Quote:
I see an option for "Keep trailing blanks" but don't think this is the setting to automatically remove blanks at the end of lines

It's the setting to automatically remove blanks at the end of lines.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks Smile

(doh!) I'd seen that feature to turn on hidden chars beside the gutter in the when I was first exploring but forgot about it.

1) If I have a file now with some spaces at the end of lines - can they be automatically removed?
- I currently have optimal fill and keep trailing blanks unchecked.

2) I had been used to using Ctrl-Backspace to delete from cursor to end of line but in PHPED that deletes the spaces and some of the statement - supposibly the word but that includes variables and is a appears un-predictable to me. Is there a way to have it delete just to the end of the statement?
Site Admin

Quote:
I had been used to using Ctrl-Backspace to delete from cursor to end of line

PHPED comes with Ctrl-Q,Y as a default shortcut sequence for this.
You can reassign to Ctrl-BkSp if you wish

Quote:
If I have a file now with some spaces at the end of lines - can they be automatically removed?

Such removal of trailing spaces is not supported but you can achieve this easily, see howto-use-a-php-script-for-my-editing-t753.html
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks very much.
How to delete spaces from end of line