NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
How to change the default folder ?

how-to-change-the-default-folder-t1022.html
Admin:
"If you have a project opened, the default directory is the project root directory. Otherwise if the the workspace is empty the default directory is phped/projects."

I dont use workspaces is there any way to change the default directory.
Also i mean any way as in regedit, coding something.. any way

Are you talking about the default directory where the project file (.ppj) is saved?

or the "root" directory of your website in the project?
The "root" directory is saved in your .ppj file if you select one from the project properties menu.

Select Project Menu -> Project Properties
In the top frame of the window ("Project"), set the value for "Root Directory" by clicking the little folder icon to the right of that box
Guru master

In the registry under the HKCU tree there is an entry for NuSphere\PhpED5.x\
That folder has a "Home" entry that is empty. If you set this to a folder, this will be the home folder for the configuration. <home>\Projects\ will become the default folder for projects.
Note that if you do this, you will have to move the config\ directory from the NuSphere installation folder to there as well.
If you don't do that the editor will start with new settings.

I love the fact that you can do this, cause I always put all configuration under a single folder (for ease of backup).
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

probably computerkidt needed a way to open files from "default" directory. I see no problems with this, he would need to use Explorer window.

i have v4.6 i dont have the space on my pc to upgrade i basicly want to start nusphere and click open and be able to see my files in another directory without having to navigate to my code folder each time (my code folder also is on another fixed drive)

In Registry i have HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NuSphere\PhpED4.6 but no home folder in there
only:
Associations
CGIHandlers
FileDialog
FileDialog
RecentFiles
RecentWorkspaces
Srv
Site Admin

Regarding Home, it was implemeted for v5.0 but it's purpose is completely different. Changing home will not solve any problems for you.
It's still not clear to me why you need to navigate to your code each time. Why don't you create a project and navigate through it in the Workspace window?