NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
How do I start to debug on "event"?

How do I start to debug on "event" such as clicking on a button.

In Zend IDE, I can debug a login script with a debug setting labeled "Next Page".

In which I am able to fill in the login information and click the login button, triggering a HTTP POST to a page with the login script in which I can debug as long as I have breakpoints set.

Is this ability or similar available in 4.0.1?

Thanks,

While on the topic. Zend IDE offers the following debugging options from inside the IDE or from the Zend Toolbar for IE for Firefox:

1. Current page (debug the current page)

2. Next page (The most useful, since you can trigger an event on one page and debug on another, similar to what I was describing above)

3. All forms (POST) on this site (Each HTTP POST will start a debug session)

4. All pages on this site (every page will be debugged)

If anyone can provide a detailed account of how to debug in NuSphere similar to each of these options, I will switch to NuSphere.

(Hint) By far this is *THE MOST IMPORTANT* information I need to make a purchasing decision.

Thanks,

"Next Page" means "delay debug session by 1 request". It's supported by PHPED. You may set s flag as suggested here phped-debugger-profiler-bookmarklets-t1615.html#6114

Regarding ToolBars, we don't offer them, but you may easily achieve the same functionality by adding these scriplets to the Favorites or Links:
tip-scriptlets-for-starting-stopping-debugger-session-t1231.html

"All Pages" is the default mode in PhpED IDE unless you turn off debugger.enable_session_cookie setting in php.ini or turn debugger cookie off by running "OFF" scriplet. In this mode all subsequent requests issued from the same browser window run debug.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
"All Pages" is the default mode in PhpED IDE unless you turn off debugger.enable_session_cookie setting in php.ini or turn debugger cookie off by running "OFF" scriplet. In this mode all subsequent requests issued from the same browser window run debug.

1.) Where is this "OFF" scriplet?

2.) Where is detailed information on scriplets?

I'm getting closer to finishing my eval. and I appreciate the feedback/answers.

Thanks,

scriplet is a kind of pseudo URL to be placed instead of a regular URL. It contains javascript code to be executed.
Scriplet for running DBG may look like below
javascript: document.cookie = 'DBGSESSID=' + escape('1;d=1,p=0,s=0') + '; path=/'; document.execCommand('refresh');

d=1 - run debuger
p=1 - run profiler (you may run both profiler and debugger simultaneously too)
s=N - delay debug session by N requests.
1 - normal session

OFF may look like this:
javascript: document.cookie = 'DBGSESSID=-1' + '; path=/'; document.execCommand('refresh');
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Scriplets are still a little foreign at this point.

I *assume* that there is detailed information in the documentation?

Thanks,

no, there is no such information in the documentation.
Scripts (scriplets) are supported by browser and PHPED has nothing to do with them,
it's just a way for you to control current browser content, add cookies and re-issue requests.

OK.

Is there a library of Scriplets available?

What about step by step tutorials?

I hate to keep going on this topic, but I want to fully understand each feature before I make a purchasing decision.

Note, if I switch from Zend to NuSphere, this will be my primary IDE at home and at the office for PHP development.

"So, I believe in fully investingating each and every feature."

Quote:
Is there a library of Scriplets available

not. We do not provide any other Scriplets. It's not what we're interested in.
Quote:
What about step by step tutorials?

You may choose not to use them at all and pass DBGSESSID as a regular GET or POST varable as described there http://forum.nusphere.com/howto-run-debug-session-t585.html The samples with Scriplets are written by one customer just for convenience and published at this forum board. No other tutorials are available.
How do I start to debug on "event"?