NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
How do I install a code beautify or formatter?

1. How do I install a code beautify or formatter? Please provide detailed and step by step instructions.

It doesn't matter which one.

2. Why isn't there a built in one like Zend IDE (Ctrl+Shift+F)?

Thanks,

Quote:
1. How do I install a code beautify or formatter? Please provide detailed and step by step instructions.

a tool for processing files being edited in the IDE can be invoked as described there howto-use-a-php-script-for-my-editing-t753.html

Quote:
2. Why isn't there a built in one like Zend IDE (Ctrl+Shift+F)?

There is a built in one, called Polystyle formatter. If you need a shortcut for it, open Tools->settoings->integration, scroll down to Format text with Polystyle, double click on it, enter Ctrl+Shift+F in the "Shortcut" field.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Forgive me since I am only evaluating NuSphere. But I thought Polystyle was only a trial and I had to purchase it seperately?

Or does Polystyle come registered when purchasing NuSphere?

That detail is not clear on your website.

Thanks,

Right, you have to purchase Polystyle separately if you're going to use it. BTW, they told me that PHPED customers may get discount.

On the other hand, there are no obligations and you may choose to work with your favorite formatter. Just tell me which one you prefer (with links to their trial) and I'll try to find the best way on how to get it working from PHPED.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

As dumb as this may sound, I have only used the good old trusty Tab key or Ctrl+Shift+F in Zend IDE.

I don't know of any other code formatters to tell you the truth.

Thanks,

What's about PolyStyle code beautifier integrated in PHPED?
Are you satisfied with it?

ddmitrie wrote:
What's about PolyStyle code beautifier integrated in PHPED?
Are you satisfied with it?

Oh, yeah... I never heard of PolyStyle, but I have been using it this past eval. and it works great!

Thanks,

So,

I have been working with polystyle, and I am not impressed. For the price tag, the quality is quite poor. I spent quite a bit of time setting the preferences, and found several bugs that I was unable to correct. I know this is not the place for feature requests, but it would really be nice to have code formatting built into the IDE.

When I say built in, I mean built by Dimitri and Nushpere, and up to the standards of PHPed. The PHPed editor is very high quality in my opinion, and it is a shame that the code formatter is not up to these same standards. I am certain that if Dimitri was building the formatter it would be 10 times better.

Probably too late for version 5.0, but perhaps version 5.1?

Thank you for letting me rant.

-r
Veteran

Dear rodericksimpson - we heard you. You are not alone - we understand. No, it won't be in 5.0 but we moved it on the top of the list and Dmitri has some ideas (he emailed me at 3 in the morning, thanks G-d he didn't call)

Very nice! Any idea on a release date for 5.0?? (I won't tell anyone Wink Wink )
Site Admin

right, I have some ideas but first I'd prefer to see what people who are using our product like to get.

I'd like to have a code formatter like the one integrated in eclipse.

I'd like to select a piece of code and format only that piece (not the whole file like polistyle does).
How do I install a code beautify or formatter?