NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

dmitri wrote:

if you're using version 5.8, it should be there. If not, try Right Click on menu->Customize->Commands tab->select "Edit" in the category->scroll the pane on the right to the bottom where you can find "Re-indent code". Drag it to the menu.

I am using 5.6 and its still not there.
Site Admin

"still" is not quite correct in this context.
5.6 is an older version and does not support this feature.
5.8 does.

dmitri wrote:
"still" is not quite correct in this context.
5.6 is an older version and does not support this feature.
5.8 does.

I thought 5.6 supported the feature.

Thanks anyway
Site Admin

Quote:
I thought 5.6 supported the feature.

please see my note posted on Jul 12 2009 09:42 pm in this thread. 5.8 is what it started with.

Hi Dmitri,

How does one configure the behaviour of this Re-Indent option? (eg to match our coding style)
Guru master

I think there is no configuration for it (yet?). Personally I'm going to stay away from it till we can configure something because it doesn't match my code style at all.

If PhpED were to implement a sort of Code Style Formatter profile like Eclipse has, one could define everything to the T and most of the editor settings could be taken directly from the configured profile.
For me personally that would be heaven as I've been asking for the possibility to add a space between a function call and the ( for years now. A man can dream, no?
And if we are talking about it, even better would be support for combined tabs + spaces usage (tabs for indenting, spaces for alignment) Wink
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Wow Blizz, you sure have stringent coding style requirements. I salute you sir!

And yes, if we can configure the setting that's the only time I can use it. Our team has some slightly odd things in our coding style too. As it is right now the tool is generally only useful for someone who has no coding style preference yet, or whose style is 100% the same as the default setting (this is probably quite rare).
Site Admin

It does not change code style at all, so you don't like your own style? heh Smile

What it does is re-indention which is clear from its name.
If you have code like below:
Code:
if (a) {
echo "b";
}

it will be converted to

Code:
if (a) {
    echo "b";
}

If you need a code beautifier which would remove/insert spaces and lines, you may stick with integrated Polystyle until we implement our own beautifier.