NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
How do I enable cookies for the internal browser?

1. How do I enable cookies for the embedded browser?

2. Is there really an embedded browser, or does the debugger just invoke an external browser, in which case the cookie settings would have to be done outside the debugger?

Thanks,
MDM
Site Admin

I'm not sure what you mean under "enable cookies". They are normally enabled until you disable them in the browser settings.
Regarding really embedded browsers, there are two: Internet Explorer and FireFox. And debugger has nothing to do with cookies. Why would it set them? You can do this by calling setcookie() in your php script. See php manual http://www.php.net/setcookie

I'm running a downloaded application - it's not my code, so I can't change the cookies setting using PHP. I may not have been clear in my question, so I'll try again. Browsers have the ability to allow or disallow cookies; you can access this in IE at: Tools->Internet Options->Privacy. When I'm in the PHP debugger, using the embedded browser, I need to have cookies enabled. So, again, the question is: how do I enable cookies in the embedded browser?
Site Admin

Internet Explorer settings are global. So if you selected it, they are the same as in stand-alone Internet Explorer.
FireFox has its own set of settings and they are available with appropriate 'red dragon' icon. But you don't have to do anything. Cookies are enabled by default.