NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
How do I configure to be able to send email w/debug?

Hi,

I am trying to test a script that sends an email. When I run the script in the debugger the email isn't sent (I get a warning that it cannot connect to the mail server). The mail is sent when I run the script from my browser using my local web server.

Can I configure the debugger to be able to send the email?
I'm using the SRV server at the moment.

Thanks!
Barry
View user's profileFind all posts by bchertovSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

PHP debugger has no relation to mail servers and may not affect your script functionality, at least it may not affect its ability to work with mail servers.
You may want to check if script is correct at all. Probably when you run it under different web server, it works with different php and configuration is different so the results are different too.

[quote="dmitri"]PHP debugger has no relation to mail servers and may not affect your script functionality, at least it may not affect its ability to work with mail servers. /quote] Huh? So are you saying that a mail() call in a script can not send an email because it doesn't connect to a mail server? Is it possible to connect it to a mail server?

Thanks!
View user's profileFind all posts by bchertovSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

What Dmitri is saying (and he is correct) is that the debugger will not cause your mail() function to fail. You can indeed send email when debugging.

The problem is likely due to the web server you are using, e.g. something in its settings. In other words, if you only experience the problem when debugging in SRV, then the problem has to do with SRV (and not DBG). A quick way to test this is to run the script (instead of debugging it) in SRV, and see if you still get the problem. That way you can eliminate DBG from the equation and hopefully find the source of the problem. For example, the problem might be the [mail function] directive in your php.ini.

anno wrote:
What Dmitri is saying (and he is correct) is that the debugger will not cause your mail() function to fail. You can indeed send email when debugging.

The problem is likely due to the web server you are using, e.g. something in its settings. In other words, if you only experience the problem when debugging in SRV, then the problem has to do with SRV (and not DBG). A quick way to test this is to run the script (instead of debugging it) in SRV, and see if you still get the problem. That way you can eliminate DBG from the equation and hopefully find the source of the problem. For example, the problem might be the [mail function] directive in your php.ini.
Thanks!
How do I configure to be able to send email w/debug?