NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
How can I remove "Smart Skip" notices in tranfer l

How can I remove "Smart Skip" notices in transfer log window? What I want to see are which files were transferred, not what happened to all files. When I have hundreds of files to potentially transfer I can't see what's been transfer without having to look at everything. I looked for an option to disable but could not find it.
View user's profileFind all posts by MikeSchinkelSend private messageVisit poster's website
Re: How can I remove "Smart Skip" notices in tranf

MikeSchinkel wrote:
How can I remove "Smart Skip" notices in transfer log window? What I want to see are which files were transferred, not what happened to all files. When I have hundreds of files to potentially transfer I can't see what's been transfer without having to look at everything. I looked for an option to disable but could not find it.

I'm sure on my system it only shows me what's actually been up/downloaded. The only time I see "smart skip" warnings are when:

a) I'm uploading and the file on the server is newer than in my PhpEd
b) I'm downloading and the file on my PhpEd is newer than the one on the server.

Perhaps your server's clock is out-of-sync with your PC, so PhpEd is thinking the files are newer on the server than they actually are. I could be wrong though.
View user's profileFind all posts by mailnet_ukSend private messageVisit poster's website

mailnet_uk wrote:
Perhaps your server's clock is out-of-sync with your PC, so PhpEd is thinking the files are newer on the server than they actually are. I could be wrong though.

Thanks, but no. It tells me that it skipped them so it sees the timestamps correctly. It just fills up the transfer window with info about the files it skipped, and that it far less useful to me than seeing what it transferred but finding the ones transferred is like looking for needles in a haystack.
View user's profileFind all posts by MikeSchinkelSend private messageVisit poster's website

MikeSchinkel wrote:
Thanks, but no. It tells me that it skipped them so it sees the timestamps correctly. It just fills up the transfer window with info about the files it skipped, and that it far less useful to me than seeing what it transferred but finding the ones transferred is like looking for needles in a haystack.

Pass then, perhaps someone from Nusphere can comment? All I can tell you is in the latest build of 5.2, PhpEd does only show you the files that were transferred when doing a Smart Upload/Download. I've just done one now, and because my server is still in sync, it doesn't show any files as transferred.

If I were to modify a file on the server, then I would get a "smart skip" notice because the server's version is newer than the version I would be trying to transfer.

Just as a last check, is the server in a different timezone? E.g. you're in UK but the server is in the US?
View user's profileFind all posts by mailnet_ukSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks for the reply. I'm on build 5227 and there is a newer one but I didn't try it because the changelog didn't mention anything I cared about. I'll move to the latest one and try it. Maybe they quietly added my suggestion?

As for servers and timezones, my webhost is about a mile from me, and I'm in the center of a timezone so strike that as a potential issue! Smile

MikeSchinkel wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I'm on build 5227 and there is a newer one but I didn't try it because the changelog didn't mention anything I cared about. I'll move to the latest one and try it. Maybe they quietly added my suggestion?

As for servers and timezones, my webhost is about a mile from me, and I'm in the center of a timezone so strike that as a potential issue! Smile

Haha no worries. Well try the latest version (I bought PhpEd as of build 5230) and it's always worked for me! Look forward to what NuSphere comment ... Wink
Site Admin

It's my understanding that IDE works fine for you and it uploads/downloads files without any problems. Although produced right, Smart Skip messages clatter Transfer window and do not let you see the files that are transferred.
If that's correct, I'm not sure that we can suggest anything. Suppose Smart Skip are off and you want to "smart-upload" a file while the server copy is newer. In this case it won't show you anything and act as if your command was ignored completely. Would it be helpful?

dmitri wrote:
It's my understanding that IDE works fine for you and it uploads/downloads files without any problems. Although produced right, Smart Skip messages clatter Transfer window and do not let you see the files that are transferred.

You are correct in your assessment. Thanks for the reply.

dmitri wrote:
If that's correct, I'm not sure that we can suggest anything. Suppose Smart Skip are off and you want to "smart-upload" a file while the server copy is newer. In this case it won't show you anything and act as if your command was ignored completely. Would it be helpful?

Assuming I could toggle that information on and off. In Windows Event Viewer you can toggle display of Informational messages and Warnings so that you can see just the errors. That's what I'm asking for here; let me toggle the display of the "Smart Skip" results off (and back on again) so I can see just the files that were transferred. You could allow us to toggle via a right-click option in the transfers window.
Site Admin

okay, I'll add this to the plans for the next version.

dmitri wrote:
okay, I'll add this to the plans for the next version.

Smile Smile Smile
How can I remove "Smart Skip" notices in tranfer l