NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Hover over function in code to see functions prototype
Veteran

I'd like it if i could hover the cursor over a function name to see its prototype, rather than having to delete the opening bracket ( and retype it to see the prototype.

This would save me tons of time.

EDIT:
Or maybe click on the function (it turns yellow), then display the prototype in a popup for as long as the mouse is over the function?
Site Admin

Did you try Ctrl+Shift+Space while cursor is between the braces? this is supposed to invoke function call tooltip -- seems it's what you're looking for

Thanks for the reply.

Thats exactly what i needed. After doing this, i can click on any param of any function called, and the tooltip will appear; until i click on something other than a param for a func call.

Is it possible to make that tooltip ALWAYS appear when i click on a param for a function call, without having to CTRL+SHIFT+SPACE first?

Most IDEs i've used (if not all of them!) show the tooltip on hover over the function name (i've used c, C++, java, php, and .net editors), but clicking on a param would be fine as a makeshift replacement.

I would also like to see this implemented.
Hover over function in code to see functions prototype