NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] hinting parameters on interface members

I have been testing 7.0 for a while.
I have an object with a member that is an instance of an interface (an object from that interface), hinted with the /** syntax above it as the interface itself.
The problem is when I autocomplete a method from the interface, the parameters hint is never shown automatically and I have to press Cltr+Shift+Space every time. Very annoying. The method is documented in the interface.
E.g. $this->dbdriver->sel [and accept, say, the select($s) method], the hint is never shown.
There are times when the automatic yellow parameters hint is not shown even for simple methods of $this. After a while for the same methods it is shown automatically. At random. Needless to say how embarrasing the work can be with such inconsistency.
I found no relevant option for interfaces. The fact Ctrl+Shift+Space displays the hint, is enough to think this a bug. But who knows..
Am I the only one experiencing this behavior?
Site Admin

If you want to report this as a bug and you do believe it's a bug, why don't you use www.nusphere.com/contact_us form to report it and provide all necessary info illustrating the issue?
By looking at your post, I can't say what and why happened in your case. For me it works very good and Call Tooltips are always shown after a method is entered with Code Completion dropdown.

I wanted to be sure this is not a bug of some sort, that's why I try here first.
The problem is when the current member in the operator chain is an instance of an interface (for classes it works ok).

class test {
/** @var IDbDriver */
protected $dbdriver = null; // IDbDriver is an interface! It contains as example: public function itest($value); with phpdoc for its parameter

public function ftest() {
// initialize $this->dbdriver.... (optional for the example)
$this->dbdriver-> // here I can see the itest suggestion, but when I accept it, the parameters list doesn't appear automatically as in the case if dbdriver was a class (was hinted as a class).
}
}

maybe this is by design or I don't know.
I remember I was testing an earlier version before, and found phped not playing well with interfaces, now it can autocomplete interface members, which is a good progress.
Site Admin

Most probably IDbDriver interface was not found. Make sure Code Explorer display it. If it does not, check whether corresponding file is in the project or its directory is listed in Additional Directories list.

dmitri, you are not reading me.
As I've said, the interface is found (and it is in the project tree), code completion is suggesting all of its methods and I can choose to autocomplete one. It's then when the parameters list doesn't show up. I can invoke it with Ctrl+Shift+Space just fine. But it doesn't show up automatically, as it does for normal classes when I choose a method from the list, nor when I just open the parenthesis of the interface method.
Anyway, not a big deal.
Site Admin

Sorry, I missed the point that you're about Call Tooltips. Well, I checked both Code Completion and Call Tooltips - they both work fine. May be your code sample is not enough to demonstrate the problem. But I'm sorry again to remind you - it's not a support forum. We don't sit there on the forum 24h a day waiting for customer's reports. We have a dedicated sub-system and receive and process all reports in it. If you have a problem, please contact support.