NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
HEREDOC support

Hi,

Does NuShere have direct support for the entry of HEREDOC strings? If it's there, it's not obvious.

Regards,

NSU.
Guru master

PhpED appears to support them just fine, at least in my code, but I don't know if you have found a specific issue.

Maybe you can explain more about a specific problem you are having?

For one thing, it doesn't automatically insert the ending delimiter, after you type <<<DELIMITER , followed by a carriage return.

To me, that's part of 'support' for HEREDOC strings.

plugnplay wrote:
PhpED appears to support them just fine, at least in my code, but I don't know if you have found a specific issue.

Maybe you can explain more about a specific problem you are having?

I don't think the IDE insert the closing statement for the initial HEREDOC, but if you add it manually, the block is properly highlighted as string, if there is a problem with the closing statement the block is not highlighted properly so you know there is a problem. Also the IDE support NOWDOC but it only highlight the block as string and it doesn't highlight any expanded variables like they are done on a double quote string.

carlosh wrote:
I don't think the IDE insert the closing statement for the initial HEREDOC, but if you add it manually, the block is properly highlighted as string, if there is a problem with the closing statement the block is not highlighted properly so you know there is a problem. Also the IDE support NOWDOC but it only highlight the block as string and it doesn't highlight any expanded variables like they are done on a double quote string.

Ok, thanks carlosh.
HEREDOC support