NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Help getting started with phpED

OK I saw phpED and instantly fell in love with the debugging ability (and that Smarty was there)....

So now I have it all but I think I have brainlock from doing things in various fashions to work out my development.

What I have.

In windoze using localhost (WAMPServer) is where I do my debugging, when I am happy with a 'cut' I want to publish to the web site.

My WAMP is D:\wamp\www\jess\**** == http://localhost/jess

So my first 'problem' is do I need to have the master files in another location? and how do I tell phpED where stuff is?

The second problem is, when I want to publish to the web I don't want to send over the Smarty compiled templates and such, only the changed sources, css, images etc.

Does anyone mind hitting me with a few bricks so that I can work this out Cool

Thanks!
Larry
Veteran

Dear jenolan, thank you for your post - could you please clarify your question though? It sounds like you develop everything locally and once it is ready you want to deploy your files to the remote server. To do that you can setup FTP account - is there any problem with that?
Many thanks!

Pretty much .. but I suppose I am trying to move too fast .....

I do the development locally, test locally and yes when I think it is right move it to the public server. So and where the main confusion probably is the local files needed for phpED to be happy. Do I need to have the source files in a separate directory and also in the localhost directory? That's what's causing my brain to short out, then I set it up to 'publish' to the public site.

It sounds so gloriously exciting to be able to dev/debug and then tell phpED to go live and have the changes copied to the web server Wink

Once I can get it worked out in my head once I will be right to charge along and cause massive doses of mayhem.. php ED rulz!
Veteran

Ok - I see. Now, the question is : would you like to debug your files on the actual server? Why don't you run Project Settings wizard (new thing in 5.6) and see if it takes care of the setup - if not, please post again.
Many thanks!

Actual server == public server .. no I do not debug there.

So if I run the wizard (of Oz) it should understand Wink .. ok will try .. watch for a black hole implosion real soon now!

Thanks,
Larry

That was just too easy !!

Local session working purrfectly, have not tried copy to public yet.

Thanks!
Larry
Help getting started with phpED