NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[Resolved-Thanks NuSphere!] GUI Encoder Protection Tab Woes

It doesn't seem to matter what I put in the fields on GUI Encoder Protection Tab or where I put the license file, PhpExpress complains it cannot find the file and it only looks in one place.

This is the precise error:

Code:
Fatal error: Failed to load encoded file (C:\dev\www\secure\system\application\libraries\Auth.php) license error (0001): no license loaded (C:\Documents and Settings\Randy\Application Data\LocalHostRestriction.txt) in...

In previous posts I was told, and the documentation is clear that the license file will be searched for in the PHP include path. This is NOT happening as I have confirmed this. If I put the license file in the exact directory above, PhpExpress finds the file, when I remove the file from that directory, the error is thrown.

I'm using :

PhpEd 5.5 (5519)
NuCoder 2.0
PhpExpress 2.0
[edit] PHP v5.2.5

on WindowsXP.

Thoughts?

Randy

Last edited by randy on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profileFind all posts by randySend private messageVisit poster's website

Doesn't work when encoding from the command line either. The error is the same error, but PhpExpress is not as precise about the directory. It does not matter where I put the license file, the error is "license file not found".

I have ensured the keywords are identical.

Here is the encoder command line I'm using:

Code:
"c:\Program Files\nusphere\nucoder\nu-coder.exe" --obfuscation 1 --appendext .enc -k LocalHostRestriction --licfile LocalHostRestrictions.txt  Auth.php

The LocalHostRestrictions.txt license file was placed in the same path as Auth.php -- license not found error.
The LocalHostRestrictions.txt license file was placed in the same PHP path -- license not found error.

Here is the error:

Code:
Fatal error: Failed to load encoded file (C:\dev\www\secure\system\application\libraries\Auth.php) license error (0001): no license loaded (LocalHostRestrictions.txt) in C:\dev\www\secure\system\application\libraries\Auth.php on line 0

Please note the differences in the paths of the error messages. I included no paths in either methods (GUI or command line), yet the error messages seem to indicate difference commands were executed.

Still don't know what I've done incorrectly.

Randy
View user's profileFind all posts by randySend private messageVisit poster's website

I'm loading this license using both auto loading and manual loading methods using:

Code:
pelm_load_license(APPPATH.'/libraries/LocalHostRestrictions.txt');

No change.
Veteran

What version of PHP are you using?

yfaktor wrote:
What version of PHP are you using?

Whoops. Thought I included that. I did in the support request.

I'm using 5.2.5.

Randy

I can can confirm that there is a bug in Project properties / Encoder / Protection dialog window. But I don't know where to report it, or if it is a known bug.

eg.
1. Enable logging, enter license keyword, enter autload file. Press ok.
2. Then reopen the dialog, DELETE the autload file press ok.
3. Again reopen the dialog, the autoload file is still there like there was no step 2.

I managed to change autload file by deleting keyword pressing ok + getting an alert, then disabled/enabled protection and clicked OK and reopened the dialog. Bah. Smile

I am running phped v5.5 b5521 on xp.
View user's profileFind all posts by sevenSend private messageVisit poster's websiteICQ Number

@seven -- thanks for contributing to this.

Yes - this happens for me as well.

Randy

I have been working with the wonderful support team at NuSphere. These folks are absolutely the best when it comes to support and personal attention. I'm sure we'll hear something soon that will shape up to be Great News concerning the things in this topic.

Randy
[Resolved] [Thanks NuSphere!]GUI Encoder Protection Tab Woes

NuSphere has confirmed a release is on the way for NuCoder owners to resolve these issues.

I wouldn't call my original post a problem or software bug by the way.

After a short conversation with Dmitri I'm convinced I was using the capability outside the original vision of it's use in the IDE. All users stress products, this is nothing new.

What is tremendous about this is that Yury, Dmitri and the NuSphere team responded and resolved the problem in my favor without telling me I was wrong or using the software inappropriately. If you look at the time line and think "it took too long to fix", that's because I was stressing the software outside the normal use and was confusing the troubleshooting effort. It wasn't until I supplied a screen cast to the support team that they understood the issue. So any perceived delay was my problem not NuSphere's.

Ladies and gentlemen - you're not going to find many companies that understand customer service the way this company does.

thanks again Yury and Dmitri,

Randy
[Resolved-Thanks NuSphere!] GUI Encoder Protection Tab Woes