NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Go To the Current File's Directory in Explorer

I'm sorry if this already exists in the program or has already been suggested. I looked but was unable to find it.

Frequently I will be working on files in several different directories, and then while looking at a particular file, I'll want to get at another file in the same directory as that one. If it is include()'d, then I know I can right click->Open file at cursor. But if it isn't included then I need to go digging through the explorer to get to the directory I want.

It would be nice to be able to right-click on the current file's tab and select "open this directory in explorer", or to click somewhere in the explorer and choose "Go to current file's directory".

FYI, I've worked around this by adding an "Integration Menu" which I've assigned to the File Bar popup, which calls: c:\windows\explorer.exe /e,/select, @FName@

But it would be much nicer if I could send this command to the IDE instead of having to launch a new window.
Site Admin

Quote:
I can right click->Open file at cursor. But if it isn't included then I need

this works for any selected text under cursort, not only for include'd.