NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
GIT Integration

I've used PHPEd for years, since version 13. I Use other editors for C/C++, Java etc but always come back to PHPEd for my PHP work.

BUT.

GIT integration is like an afterthought, it really should be integrated fully like every other IDE I have used in recent years. I find myself questioning if my version control is reliable when the IDE is reliant upon spawning a shell integration.
Site Admin

Any reason not to use TortoiseGIT shell extension to fill the gap? PhpED supports shell extensions and you'll see git menus and icon overlays right in the IDE without any shell integration.

Well yes I do, but while it is a solution to the issue it is just not as integrated as every other IDE I use.

Hi dimitri!

I am currently working on rewriting the CVS support to Git. I just entered C:\Program Files\Git\bin\git.exe under External Tools at CVS executable and replaced the CVS menu commands and let me see the result as a file. For a diff e.g. -C "@ProjRoot@" log -p --follow -1 "@FName@" Is there a trick to show this diff file in color?
Is there any way to replace the macros dialogs or add more? I need a replacement for the @Sticky@ and maybe the @Comment@ macro or another one to enter a text e.g. for a Rename -C "@ProjRoot@" branch -m new-name
Is there a macro for "CVS Root" or can the -d be removed when replacing @Repository@?
GIT Integration