NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Getting PhpExpress installed by host

I recently enquired with my host about running PhpExpress on the server I am on, and received the following response:

Quote:
The php environments that we offer on shared servers come as part of the hsphere environment, therefore we are unable to provide nusphere or ioncube compiled as part of php and can only offer you runtime as an alternative.

Not too sure what this means. Isn't all that is required installing an extension? Are they saying they wont do that, or is the extension "runtime"?

If it isn't "runtime", what is that and how do I set that up?

Confused ... any clarification would be great.

Cheers
Site Admin

Quote:
Confused ... any clarification would be great

Me too.
I'd ask them for the clarifications.
..."can only offer you runtime" sounds promissing but I'm not sure what they meant.
If it's dl()' based loading, it looks like a way but loading phpexpress this way will not let its cache to work for you, so only nucoder-loader functionality will remain. Althougth, this way is currently NOT tested/approved by NuSphere (so we'll do soon and let know).

Still trying to get clarification of my current host.

At the moment they are saying I should use ioncube and access it with dl() - at least I think thats what they are saying.

I thought to myself that I'd ask around, maybe move to a new host, but I cant seem to find ANYONE in Aus who will allow phpExpress to be installed on the server. It's a big problem, not just for me but for the software. There's no point encoding scripts so that they can be distributed when they cant be hosted.

It's a shame, because I'm just in love with PHPed and I would have liked to have come one step closer to having the whole NuSphere set.

Anyhow, hanging on an answer from my current host. I might still get lucky.

Finally got a response from the current host, but it's not a good one - they wont install it.

I've had some communication issues with the current crew (1 or 2 days to respond to support tickets and no phone support at all) so I started looking around for a host that would install it for me.

I haven't had a chance to really stretch it's legs, but if anyone out there is looking for a PHPExpress capable host (in Australia) give the guys at Digital Pacific a yell. Outstanding support thus far, and they didn't seem to have any hesitations in installing PhpExpress once I asked.

Dmitri ... given this was a bit of a challenge, maybe it'd be a good idea to put together a list of hosts that will set up / have set up PhpExpress. Might make it more appealing if people could just see a list of places to get hosted. Perhaps you could ask current owners of nu-coder where they are being hosted, or maybe they might post the info themselves.

Just an idea. Cheers.
Site Admin

Good idea, indeed. The only thing stops me right now is their permission to publish a link to them.
Please ask them to contact us with info or just link they want us to publish on our site (www.nusphere.com) and we'll publish the list as soon as we get first 5 entries.