NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

simshaun wrote:
I'll keep most of my opinions to my self, but comparing PhpEd to Windows is stupid.

NuSphere - million dollar company (if that).. "few" developers.
Microsoft - billion dollar company.. more developers and resources than you can imagine. Its no wonder they can provide a consistent update schedule.

You're entitled to your opinion - if you missed my point, I understand. I will say that by your logic, Windows should be on Build #350,000,000 given that their revenue is a little more than $50b/year.

Being consistent has nothing to do with the size of the company. Having a policy that addresses good communication and relations with the consumers of a comapny's products also has nothing to do with the size of the company. In the software business, keeping ancillary files associated with a company's main product that are written by other companies up-to-date has nothing to do with company size.

Based on Alexa, their traffic is down by as much as 50% over the last 18 months. Coincidently, my personal observation has been a decline in their overall support over the same time frame. PHP development is a significant portion of our company's projects at the moment - I don't want to see a tool that we depend on declining in any way.

Do you think it would be difficult to keep the latest version of PHP and its associated files bundled with your installer if you distributed 4 products that included PHP? It only takes me a few minutes to make sure I do exactly the same thing, so not doing it is just lazy. Oh, and one of the products I deliver is a freebie - I wouldn't spend an inordinate amount of time keeping the files current. Oh, and I do it manually - if I were so inclined, I could spend an hour automating the process.

Over time, we've purchased over a dozen seats of PhpEd (I won't even get into the horror story that is PhpDock and Nu-Coder). As a consumer, I think I have a right to expect a quality experience with a company I've spent thousands of dollars with - again, you may disagree.

Gitmans (your post appeared as I was writing mine): I understand the restrictions you may face with MySQL, but sqlite and Php? The latest stable versions were not included as of this morning - maybe it's changed since then.

Dear LovinItAll,
We totally agree with your statement that "Having a policy that addresses good communication and relations with the consumers of a comapny's products also has nothing to do with the size of the company."
And we always strived to provide a good communication channel, ironically Microsoft was consistently blamed to be not really responsive and for not fixing bugs quickly (may be actually due to the size and huge revenue).
Regarding latest stable PHP version - we don't update our distribution as soon as PHP community releases their stable build, since we need to check if there are bugs in it (despite its being stable), and it's up to our engineering to decide when to move to the latest version (to protect our customers from unwanted issues).
But as I mentioned, if you have specific problems or suggestions for updating our products please contact support, it'd be more productive that way.
Best regards,
Nusphere Customer Care.

gitmans wrote:
Dear LovinItAll,
We totally agree with your statement that "Having a policy that addresses good communication and relations with the consumers of a comapny's products also has nothing to do with the size of the company."
And we always strived to provide a good communication channel, ironically Microsoft was consistently blamed to be not really responsive and for not fixing bugs quickly (may be actually due to the size and huge revenue).
Regarding latest stable PHP version - we don't update our distribution as soon as PHP community releases their stable build, since we need to check if there are bugs in it (despite its being stable), and it's up to our engineering to decide when to move to the latest version (to protect our customers from unwanted issues).
But as I mentioned, if you have specific problems or suggestions for updating our products please contact support, it'd be more productive that way.
Best regards,
Nusphere Customer Care.

I really do appreciate you responding - it's well received, and that someone is paying attention is a positive sign. I submitted my requests regarding Dock over a year ago but didn't get anywhere - I've found a workaround and have been using it since then. When I say that a file is out-of-date, I'm more interested in letting other users know so that they can look at that if they are having issues. I was having an issue with the sqlite driver in PhpEd, but grabbing the latest version fixed the problem.

I'm not here to argue with you. I've been a customer of NuSpere's for a long time - there's nothing I'd like to see more than NuSphere improving the perception that the staff has 'lost it's edge' with regard to customer support. I'll be the first to say so when I see it happen, and you communicating here is a step in the right direction.

Take care,

Lee

Thanks again, your point is well taken.
Regards,
Nusphere Customer Care
Veteran

gitmans wrote:
(...)don't hesitate to ping us by replying to the email with the ticket id and kick us in the rear end(...)

The biggest problem in that is after I send a reply to NuSphere then I got return-message that my mail is a spam and since years You haven't checked why Razz

Dear Intro,
Sorry about that, but usually it means that your mail server is misconfigured and you need to fix it, let me discuss it with you offline. We actually tried to contact you several times, our users are interested in your work for Prado integration.
Best regards,
Nusphere Customer Care
Veteran

gitmans wrote:
Sorry about that, but usually it means that your mail server is misconfigured and you need to fix it, let me discuss it with you offline

Yes, I know what that is mean and yes, few years ago I had mistake in my server configuration but also long time ago I fixed that Smile

Ok, as for now with Dmitri we resolved problem - there were just mistake in sender address from Dmitri's e-mail and I repled to wrong address.
We corrected that on both sides and we can continue communication Smile

Best Regards

gitmans wrote:
Dear Intro,
Sorry about that, but usually it means that your mail server is misconfigured and you need to fix it, let me discuss it with you offline. We actually tried to contact you several times, our users are interested in your work for Prado integration.
Best regards,
Nusphere Customer Care

I am happy to see you guys still up and about. I didnt really doubt it either tho or else I wouldnt have renewed my subscription a couple of months ago. But I am wondering if you have any timeframe on when Nu-coder will be updated to support PHP5.3 and namespaces, i am a bit keen to try it out Smile

thanks.

We're actively working on it, but can't provide a definite deadline as of now.
Regards,
Nusphere Customer Care

I am glad to see this thread, and glad to see Nusphere still in active development. I'm also glad to see interest in Prado integration, getting updated code completion would really make this IDE stand out.

I've been using PhpEd for 3+ years now, and still think it is the best editor. I've used Eclipse and Netbeans at my job, and both are very slow with limited debugging support. Keep up the good work @ Nusphere!

thanks,
- Eric
View user's profileFind all posts by unarmedmanSend private messageVisit poster's website

gitmans wrote:
We're actively working on it, but can't provide a definite deadline as of now.
Regards,
Nusphere Customer Care

Any chance of an approximate timeline? I'd settle for an indefinite target quarter =) (e.g. we hope Q4 2010)

Cheers!

We actually think that we'll be able to deliver earlier then that, but again, we can't tell for sure and we reserve the right to change plans, sorry, we hope you understand.
Regards,
Customer Care
Future of PHPEd