NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Function name display & hide by key for slide-in windows

Hi,

unfortunately a forum-search to find some answers to my questions was unsucsessful:

1) Is there any way to see the name of the function the cursor is currently positioned in? Formerly I used UltraEdit where the name of the current function was highlighted within the Function List (in phpEd: Code Explorer). This is very useful for source files including huge functions where you can't see the name of the function your cursor is positioned in within the actual screen.

2) If I configure a function key (F8) to show the (slide-in) "Code Explorer" window, it seems like there is no key to hide that window again. Instead I have to use the mouse to close the window. It would be great if phpEd would close slide-in windows, opened by a defined keypress, if pressing that key again.

Thanks in advance
Punga

So - it seems like there is no function as asked for in the above post?

Would this be a feature request then?

Thanks
Punga
Site Admin

1-> see Find Declaration in the popup

Hi dmitri,

sorry, but using "find declaration" somewhere within a function just re-position the cursor to the first occurence of the variable the cursor currently is located on. What I mean is to be able to see (without leaving the current cursor position) the name of the function the cursor is currently located in. This is very helpful for sourcefiles with large functions and to get an idea of where the cursor is currently located within the sourcefile. The idea is to automatically highlight and scroll to the current function within the "Code Explorer" when it's open(ed). My colleagues are very interested in this function too Smile I will append a screenshot to illustrate the idea.

Is there any way to realize point 2) from my first mail?

Thanks
Punga

Function name display & hide by key for slide-in windows