NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Full screen button behaviour

when pressing the "full screen" button a "restore" action is performed on the PHP Ed window if it's maximized. I fail to see the advantage of that as pressing that button for me is only usefull for reducing the size of the various windows and giving all the room to the code window.

IMO the best practice would be to have some "windows toggle" button that pressing it removes all windows as if they were closed, and leaves the code alone, and pressing it again restores all those windows to the state they were in before.

I don't know what most ppl find convinient but I think that most ppl want to have as much room as possible to view the code when they code, and only need the other windows when they debug or want to access other resources of the program.

yeah, you're right and we're moving on this way. Unfortunately, docked windows can't be smoothly toggled with current dock manager so we didn't implement it
Kostya

Anonymous wrote:
yeah, you're right and we're moving on this way. Unfortunately, docked windows can't be smoothly toggled with current dock manager so we didn't implement it

The best way is introdused in VS7/MSDN2003 where all(!) windows might be smoothly hidden.
Site Admin

Kostya,

PHPED allows you to hide all windows one by one.
That's the only way with current implementation.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

And what about the restore/maximize ?
I don't know if you've noticed, but the "Full screen" button preserves the "on" and "off" state of the docks. This is very useful since I can set all the docks to their minimum size in the "off" and so I one press of the button reduces the docks to minimum, and another restores them to their previous visible setting. the only thing annoying in this process is the window being "restore" 'ed.

erm... that's my post up there... auto-login wasn't enabled on this computer...
Full screen button behaviour