NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Full path of file in the status bar

Then I opend many files and some files has same names, i find it difficult to select the desired file from the list.
The hint in the status bar will solve this problem.

Thank you.
Guru master

This request has been recently discussed http://forum.nusphere.com/show-longer-path-on-tabs-if-opened-files-has-same-filename-t8068.html
Site Admin

I tend to agree with bitseeker. Is there anything wrong with filename showed in the tooltip?

Status bar often shows status info, such as "updaing code explorer", "starting debugger" etc, and filename would be vanished anyway.

This example shows a typical edit whilst using Magento. I've got both base and custom templates open as I'm making similar changes to all of them and need to switch between them. The base templates must not be changed, but need to be referred to.

The tabs don't show me enough information to determine which template is which. With some edits there might be additional files with the same names and with a debug session it would be normal to have 10 or more files open at the same time.

Whilst I can hove my mouse over the tabs to get tooltips, the paths are long and the 'interesting' folder name is half-way through the path so difficult to spot. It is time consuming to hover the mouse over the tabs to see which file is which.

The ctrl+tab window is fairly useless as it discards the 'interesting' part of the path.

A useful feature would be to have a new panel (or an option for Workspace) that listed just open files together with the ability to discard the start of the path (the web site root path) to shorten the paths.
Guru master

What about an option for the dropdown open files window that appears when you click the button to the left of the X button, so that it shows the file path excluding the site root? Probably a relatively straight-forward change and convenient to use without cluttering the UI with something new like a panel. If the ctrl+tab file selection box also used that path option then hopefully most people would be happy.

I'am sorry. I wrote about this list.

Ctrl + Tab is not very convenient for me.

Nice sharing.It is really helpful for magento web developer who have this type of issues.
Site Admin

see http://forum.nusphere.com/show-longer-path-on-tabs-if-opened-files-has-same-filename-t8068-12.html