NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
ftp upload multiple servers

Hello,

i have a question about customization of phped:

We have three identical web servers, and publish our files via ftp accounts. We would like to avoid publishing our files three times one by one on the three servers.
Is there a possibility to publish on the three servers by one action ? Maybe by creating a specific user command ?

Thanks in advance for an answer.

Henrik
Site Admin

You may want to setup rsync. It's a widely known thing under Unix/Linux. If your server are running under Windows, you may try to find a file replication tool for your needs.
In case of PhpED, the easiest way to publish files to multiple different locations without changing project properties is to use multiple projects, each with its own publishing account and all the other settings would be the same.

It is just rsync which may cause troubles. We are actually synchronising each 5 minutes about 10000 files, and it seems that this often causes 'blanc' pages when accessing our site. It seems reasonable not to synchronize all the 10000 files all the time, as we only publish a few files each day. The idea is to publish the files directly on our 3 servers, and to run rsync once per day for security.

Therefore, we are looking for a possibility to easily publish on multiple accounts. We are actually trying to set a user command which executes a file in command line; though this is not a very handy and "clean" solution. If I understand you right, there is no possibility in PhpED to publish files simultaneously on multiple accounts ?

Henrik
Site Admin

rsync when tuned accordingly will send only diffs (changes for changed files) and therefore it does its work a) fast b) affects only changes Smile

Quote:
If I understand you right, there is no possibility in PhpED to publish files simultaneously on multiple accounts ?

As I menitioned belfore, it's possible if you create as many projects as many servers you have and assign each project with its own publishing account pointing to corresponding server. Then you will be able to select multiple projects and invoke Smart-Upload for them.