NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
FTP download

Am I blind or is there really no download function in the project explorer popup? There's an upload function and the smart-sync function, but no download. I realize that I can download via smart-sync, but even that is only available when I right-click on a folder. If I right-click on a file, I don't even have smart-sync. Does that mean that there's no way to download a single file from the FTP?

This is the popup menu I get if I right-click a folder:

And this is what I get if I right-click on a file:

MrM
Site Admin

File->Open, expand your ftp account on the left tree and select the file to open. Alternatively you can expand FTP account in the Explorer tab and drag-drop your file to another folder.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
File->Open, expand your ftp account on the left tree and select the file to open. Alternatively you can expand FTP account in the Explorer tab and drag-drop your file to another folder.

In other words: There is no download function, only workarounds Confused

I find that pretty hard to believe. Has noone ever requested this feature?
Site Admin

Hmm, normally you develop locally and publish to the remote location.
Why would you need download to be available in the popups ?
If someone else could change the files, you'd use Smart Sync in this case... What else ?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
Hmm, normally you develop locally and publish to the remote location.
Why would you need download to be available in the popups ?
If someone else could change the files, you'd use Smart Sync in this case... What else ?

OK, I guess that's fine for downloading folders. But what about downloading a single file? Don't you think that a function to download a single file would be useful? It doesn't really matter if it's smart-download or unconditional download, but one of those would really come in handy.
The methods you describe seem like redundant clicking to me. Also, it seems obvious to me that there should be a download function if there's an upload function Wink.

Hello:

I am wholeheartedly agreed with the orginal poster, MrM. Enable to download a single selected-file is a very useful feature.

The workaround is too cumbersome. Please email me when the upgrade to this feature is available.

Cheers,
Duc
Site Admin

Anyway, it looks as a Feature Request rather then a support-related issue.
So I'm moving this post to appropriate forum.
FTP download