NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Re: FTP Fix

i've touched every file on my server next day which got a date of 29th, with an external ftp client.. now everything works as it should with both phped..
Thanks for the fast fix.

Just a quick thank you for fixing the ftp leap year bug so quickly -- I of course picked yesterday to do a major update to our live system, and was having problems... Nice to find the fix waiting for me this morning!

This kind of support is really a plus.

Cheers,
-Chris

Where can I find the fix to download? Thanks!

Chris
I need urgent help on NuSphere PhpEd 5.01 build 5031

Here Nusphere PhpEd (5.01 build 5031) is still broken with Date Encoding error message. Yesterday I shut it down. Today is March 01, 2008 3.35 PM. No idea what should I do or where is the patch.

I need clear answer about this serious issue. This is urgent for company like us whose business is getting affected by that bug.

I still can't understand is there any patch or not? About what fix wrote ZermattChris?
And confirm if new version of PHPEd fix this bug.
Also, where I can find changelog of PHPED?

Ouch. Sorry, I have found changelog, and have seen, that bug was fixed in Build 5231.
Thanks.

plz can you show us where's the patch or the fix. coz im using build 5220 and I'm also encountering the same issue.
Pls help. I tried using the sftp but ofcourse it only works if you have ssh access. pls help!!! tnx
temporary fix

I had the same problem friday, the 29th, hoped it would go away today. it didn't
Reading through this thread, i asked our sever manager to simply change the last accessed/edited date of the files that were created/edited on the 29. This fixed the probem, you can now browse the folders that contain such files.

touch -a your_files

I understand this could not be usefull for very large projects, with lots of users editing the same files, etc. Also, i have no idea what implications this could have on source control utilities or any other things/places where access time is important. But for me it fixed the problem.
invalid argument to date encode

To solve this,
use a different ftp software to download the files dates on the 29th, save them with a different date time frame
and upload them once more and PhpED will work once more.

yeah, true, i actually realized this after i posted. What i suggested is a more complicated way of altering atime Smile Which edit/save in something else also does.
But the shell command wou8ld allow this for 1000 files in a folder though, kinda hard to edit them all in an editor Smile

Just download latest Build 5231 from "My Products" section. It will solve 29 Feb problem.
You can see it in changelog:
http://www.nusphere.com/news/changes52.htm
Site Admin

Please, if you have 5220 or any other builds including 5.0.1 5031 downloaded from varez/cracks, do not ask there for updates. Updates are available only to customers who purchased the product. We send the instructions about where to download the updates from with order details after it is processed.