NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
FTP Account and Date Encode error

Dear NuSphere,

I just started a new project on a new ubuntu server

PhpEd is 5.2 build 5238
the server environment is: Apache/2.2.9 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.6-2ubuntu4 with Suhosin-Patch

I configured an FTP account for the server and I can upload files OK but when I use the explorer tab in PhpEd I get an error message "Invalid Argument to Date Encode". I looked here and on the web and this appears to be some sort of date time stamp problem and was fixed in build before the build I am using (I think)

the datetime stamp of all the files and folders on the server is 2009-01-22 09:51 and the user profile I am using as admin privileges.

Is this the same bug reported earlier? If there a fix?

This is really more of an annoyance as I rarely use the explorer but it does come in handy when downloading files from the server. As I said, the upload function works just find and that is really what I need.

Thank you for your time.

Site Admin

Unfortunately, file list operation and format of datetime stamp in particular are not standardized for FTP protocol. All current ftp clients just run ls command and servers respond according to server settings. There are millions possible combinations and although phped supports many it's virtually impossible to support them all.
Please try to set locale for the user under which you run FTP daemon, check ftp settings, maybe something related to ls output format is there. Would be good if your ftp server supports Bernstein's "Easily Parseable List Format", it's supported.

Quote:
PhpEd is 5.2 build 5238

btw, it's very old version released more than a year ago. Why don't you switch to 5.6? Don't hesitate to contact support if you encounter any problems with it.

Dear dmitri,

Thank you for the the reply. I noticed I was a bit behind and undated to 5.6 after posting my problem. That did not correct the problem but I am a bit confused by your response.

Are you saying that the problem is with the date time stamp coming from the FTP Server? We installed the current version of ubuntu and simply chose the FTP package and installed it. We did not make any settings changes as far as I know.

I will check into the "Berstein's 'Easily Parseable List Format'" for our FTP server.

FTP Account and Date Encode error