NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
From Evaluation Version to Professional Version

I just purchased the professional version of PHPed, but have been using the evaluation version.

I am waiting for my "confirmation" email.

Wondering do I need to download again or will I receive a code to enter into the eval copy to magically turn on Professional?

Thank you in advance, PHPed is a GREAT product.

Elliott

Once your order clears, you'll receive an email with your member login information.

From there, you can download the latest version if don't have it already, or just copy the serial number you'll find there into the product.
Veteran

Dear Eliot - thank you very much for your kind words- I beleive you are all set wityh the order, but if not - please do email me via private message, or post here. It happens sometimes that on-line merchant service provider slows down the processing of some orders
Where can I enter the serial number?

Hi, I bought a copy of PHPed before the trial period expired.
Where can I enter the serial number?
Should I wait until the trial period expire to be asked for the number?
Thanks!
Veteran

You need to download your commercial version of PhpED - it is available under My products section of the account. You need to install - you can install it right over the trial to preserve the settings, no need to uninstall the trial. When you start the commercial you will be prompted for the serial number. Trial doesn't work with the serial.
Thank you for buying PhpED!

^^^

and just where would the average new user find out this glorious bit of info without making a post on the forums?

So far I'm not very impressed with nusphere's post-sale instructions and support for trial users.

perhaps this could be addressed?
Guru master

It is over 2 years ago since I first purchased PhpED after having used it as a trial version.

I've still got the email that I received, which included a PDF invoice, clear instructions about logging into my account (complete with URL, username and password) and where to find the download & serial number.

It also quite clearly says I can install on top of the trial in the same folder and it will preserve my settings. It then included URL's for contacting NuSphere support and accessing the forum.

It was all very clear and easy to follow. The email itself was plain text and maybe a little badly formatted, but that's just aesthetics.

My order was processed within 1 hour of making it, which I am perfectly happy with. Some stores are immediate, some are not. If it was 24 hours then I might have been unhappy, but with the trial copy still working fine, not too big an issue.

Maybe you didn't receive that introductory email with your order?

Dredging up a thread from April 2007 doesn't seem too relevant to whatever NuSphere currently send out.
From Evaluation Version to Professional Version