NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
First experience with Theme Editor (v13.033)

First off, this theme editor is a great step in the right direction. The export/import functions are great since I have 2 development machines at work plus my home and laptop computers. The first thing I noticed was that it did not preserve my colors theme from version 12. Every other version of PhpEd used to keep my colors during update. Now that we finally have a real theme editor, the colors are not brought in. I found that strange. I had to spend about two hours recreating my color scheme. But now that I did that, it looks good with the dark floating windows.

The main thing that is missing in my opinion is a swatch/color palette. I would like to be able to select a color for comments in all language (php, html, javascript, ect) and if I decide to change that particular color it would change it in all languages. I used the custom colors but I still have to go in each language one by one to change the color for all language if I want to change it. My "theme" has all the same colors for the same elements (i.e.: whitespace, string, text, comments, int, float, ect) in all language, so I would like to be able to change the color for float and have all language reflect that change. I understand that not everyone like to have the same exact colors for all language, but I would see it as swatch or special "linked" colors that would change everywhere it's used when the color is updated.

A few thing I did see, there is a lot of flashing white when the windows is being redrawn, the blue selected tab and the blue status bar are a bit aggressive, same with the icons, I would like to be able to mute them a little bit and finally the multiline find and replace dialog has white background textarea boxes.

Overall, great start!
Re: First experience with Theme Editor (v13.033)

infc wrote:
The first thing I noticed was that it did not preserve my colors theme from version 12.

Good to know, thanks for the hint! I will make sure to backup my color scheme somehow (if nothing else helps by taking screenshots) before upgrading to version 13.
Site Admin

Just tried to change color in v12, then installed v13. All changes preseved. I don't see any problems. Would you contact support and provide more details what you did and what you got?

In my case, the colors were mostly the same, with a few exceptions. For example, the PHP namespaces color was changed (before it had the color that is now set in the new constants settings). The font was changed, too (from Consolas 11pt to Courier New 10pt, IIRC).

Also, some editor settings were mixed up (some were checked that weren't before and vice versa). Unfortunately I don't remember which settings were affected, but I compared a screenshot of PhpED 12's settings (that I made directly before upgrading) with those in version 13, so this was definitely caused by the upgrade.
Site Admin

Do you mean Carbon theme or default one?

dmitri wrote:
Do you mean Carbon theme or default one?

In my case it was the default theme. I'm using the VS 2010 look and feel, if this makes any difference.

Like JCI, when I upgraded I had some settings that changed (nothing major) but the first thing I did was to change to Carbon theme. I do understand that the "theme" removed all colors but then I upgraded my second computer and did not switch to the Carbon theme right away and my background was changed to white (I already had a dark background). I don't remember if any other colors were changed because after that I used the export/import theme to set both computer the same way.
First experience with Theme Editor (v13.033)