NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
First Debug Session OK, Second Not Starting Correctly

Here on my PC running Windows 7 32-bit I just upgraded to phpEd 17 and I'm trying to do something more in-depth debugging and it's not working correctly after the first debug session.

On the first one, it stops on the first line correctly so I can step through the code, but on the second attempt it never stops on the first line as expected.

I know it was working fine under phpEd 16 because I had used it recently prior to the upgrade, but at the same time it doesn't seem to be fully due to the new version (I just tested on my laptop with phpEd 17 and it seems to be working fine across multiple debug sessions on Windows 10 64-bit).

Any ideas as to what might cause this within the IDE?

Thank you!
Update

Still not working on my end, but I at least ruled out a few small things...I went ahead and closed two applications that run in the tray (Skype for Business, and another internal Fax Client) to see if maybe those were affecting the port the debugger runs on, but this hasn't resulted in any improvement (I'm getting a debug session able to sporadically start fine and work, but then a subsequent one might not work...it just seems to hang at the beginning of the debug process but never places the cursor on the first line so it's something between the point I hit the debug button and when the editor places the cursor on the first line that seems to be slow/unresponsive).

Any ideas would be helpful! Thank you!
Site Admin

This all sounds like an issue with firewall. Make sure that dbglistener.exe has permission (rights) to listen and accept incoming connections. If you're using ssh tunnel, check if phped.exe has permission (rights) to open ssh connection to your server. Finally check your server if service has permission (rights) to connect to the listening end of the tunnel and/or your client machine if you're not using tunnel.