NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Fire Fox Endless Tabs

is there a way to set the debugger so that it uses the same tab in firefox? i just am lazy i guess and dont like closing closing closing all of the open tabs after debugging...

not something you can do i guess?

no thoughts ?

Hi Sparfy,

Can you post a bit more detail on what's happening - I'm guessing you maybe have 2 or 3 tabs pointing to the same address and its debugging on them all? Anyway, if you can post a bit more detail I'll have a think.

Sorry for the slow delay

iflo

I think this is the case because it takes into account recent changes you made to the file you are running on debugger.

For you, it would be helpful to just set a target file, but for editors, it will make more sense if you run a number of files on separate debugging modes as you get to compare algorithms and different set ups you use on each.
Guru master

Bit of an old thread to be answering Rolling Eyes

Would the problem be because you are clicking the PhpED debug button or pressing F9 each time? PhpED will start a new browser session and most browsers will either create a new tab or a new window.

The answer might be to press F5 in the browser to refresh the page. PhpED will still debug the session as normal, because it will either have the debug query parameter in the URL, or a cookie that was set from a previously debugged page.

Also have a look at http://forum.nusphere.com/alt-tab-to-firefox-t4033.html?highlight=autohotkey to find out about AutoHotKey

plugnplay wrote:
Bit of an old thread to be answering Rolling Eyes

Would the problem be because you are clicking the PhpED debug button or pressing F9 each time? PhpED will start a new browser session and most browsers will either create a new tab or a new window.

The answer might be to press F5 in the browser to refresh the page. PhpED will still debug the session as normal, because it will either have the debug query parameter in the URL, or a cookie that was set from a previously debugged page.

Also have a look at http://forum.nusphere.com/alt-tab-to-firefox-t4033.html?highlight=autohotkey to find out about AutoHotKey

Plug,

from what I understand this is the issue for a majority of the people who get confused with the tabs...good thinking.
Fire Fox Endless Tabs