NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
finding the project for the debugging

I've just upgraded to 5.6, and I've started getting the message 'New debug session with "localhost" server has started. But IDE could not find the project for the web debugging'. I've never had this problem before, and have always been able to debug my multi-project applications. I'm seeing it in both .5615 and .5616. It seems to work anyway.

Is this a bug in 5.6? Do I need to tweak my configuration? I realize I can just check the box to ignore the message, but I don't want to do that. It might actually be meaningful in the future.
Site Admin

No, this is not a bug. In order to debug scripts you need to create project that will contain all the scripts you're planning to debug.

I'm getting this error as well ever since the upgrade to 5.6

Why would this break between 5.5 and 5.6? I haven't relocated my files or changed the project in any way. My project is set up correctly, or at least it was before the upgrade, as debugging used to work just fine. I tried walking through the setup wizard, and that seemed to work fine as well, but I'm getting the same error when I try to debug a script.
Guru master

Same here, cant really figure out why I get that message...
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Quote:
cant really figure out why I get that message...

Please check whether the file shown in the message is in the project opened in the Workspace.

Quote:
Why would this break between 5.5 and 5.6?

This is not a break in backward compatibility.
In 5.5 file that is neither in the project nor in its extra directories, would not be debugged correctly anyway.

The project I am debugging is active and the file in question is present in the project... and still I get the message.
I can add breakpoints during the session without a problem, everything works. Just that message.
Anyway I disabled it so it wont bother me again Smile

I've been working and debugging with phped for so long and this is the first time I don't understand something Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

I was seeing this, too, but I just figured out how to fix it in my case.

I have PhpED running in VMware Fusion on a Mac, and it's debugging remotely to Apache running on the Mac side (so it's effectively on another machine). My browsers are also on the Mac side. To make accessing the application a little easier, I had added an entry to my hosts file, and I used that host name in the browser. In PhpED, I had used the Mac's IP address as the root URL. This setup worked fine, but once I upgraded to 5.6, I started getting this error message every time I ran the project through the debugger:

Quote:
New debug session with "nasb" server has started. But IDE could not find the project for the web debugging. Breakpoints and other features may fail to work

All the files used by the application are part of the project, and debugging seems to work normally. From Dmitri's message, it sounds like the error should reference a specific file; however, as you can see above, it doesn't. On a whim, though, I tried adding the same server name to the hosts file on the Windows side, and switched to it in the project setup. After that, the message went away.

So, it seems like in my case, at least, PhpED was sensitive to the use of the IP address in the project settings versus the host name in the browser.
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website

@Bob:
Thanks for your hint.
It removed the annoying message for me.
finding the project for the debugging