NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Find / Search within code

I have noticed a couple of other threads that seem to touch on this but nothing that quite covers my own ideas.

It would be very useful to me to have a more basic search interface in addition to the current one. I would ideally like to see basic functionality similar to that experienced when using Ctrl + F in Firefox. When searching for a variable name the one I am looking for is often not the one that is found first and having an easy way to skip to the next result without having to re-open the search dialogue would be useful. Also a search that starts again from the top/bottom when such point is reached (again as seen in Firefox) would be of more use to me personally.

I don't think we should get rid of the current interface as it stands but maybe add a third tab for basic searching and perhaps allow the option to set which is default when using ctrl + F so it does not have a negative impact on those accustomed to the current approach.

I am sorry if I am simply re-stating something that someone else has already requested, or if I am being a stupid user and not using PhpEd properly! I hope that this can be included in a future release.

Thanks.

Try pressing F3 to find the next occurrence, shift-F3 to find the previous.
Amazing!

Thanks Lats, that is a great help! Guess I was suffering for stupid user syndrome after all :-S
Find / Search within code