NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Find in Files retained settings

The Find in Files dialog retains all of its 'Options', 'Directory', and 'File Mask' settings between searches. It would be very helpful if the 'Search In' radio button also retained the last setting -- I almost always search the project or open files and have to set this every time. I'm using Build 4617.

Thanks!
Site Admin

Certainly, 'Search In' retains the last choise but everything depends on from where you invoke Find In Files dialog.
If you clicked on the project in the Workspace window, it will be forced to 'project'. If you invoked it by clicking on a directory, it will be forced to that directory and finally if you invoke it by Ctrl-F shortcut in the editor, it will remain in the previous selection.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
Certainly, 'Search In' retains the last choice but everything depends on from where you invoke Find In Files dialog.
If you clicked on the project in the Workspace window, it will be forced to 'project'. If you invoked it by clicking on a directory, it will be forced to that directory and finally if you invoke it by Ctrl-F shortcut in the editor, it will remain in the previous selection.

Thanks, that's helpful.

I'm invoking 'Find in Files' directly with a hot key, but not Ctrl-F or Alt-F7. I'm using Shift-Ctrl-F, which makes it more like other editors I use. I'm still using Ctrl-F for the regular 'Find' dialog and if I switch to the 'Find in Files' tab from there it does retain the setting. Maybe it's not retaining the last setting because I'm not using Ctrl-F to invoke the dialog?

I also now see that even though I've reassigned the hot-key, the menu still shows 'Alt-F7' as the hot key.

And while we're discussing search, it would be nice to be able to have a configuration option that allowed you to choose not to show 'File is picture, skipped' and Transliteration errors in the Find results.

Hm, I always press Alt-F7 for the search dialog and IIRC I always get something different than "search in project". So I got used to always pressing Alt-F7, Alt-p after another Smile

Maybe you could check that?
Find in Files retained settings