NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
File is ignored

I've got a really really odd thing happening. PhpED is ignoring certain files in my project when I do a search (and I've checked strings that I know are in this file). I've searched by folder and project, with no case matching or whole word searches. The file is UTF-8 on a linux dev box and accessed over a network drive. Copying the file to a local folder allows it to be searched, and other files in the same folder can also be searched with no problems. I've also checked the file permissions, the samba setup, the project settings (maybe not relevant though as the same thing happens when searching via the explorer tab), and Googled to no avail.

I've tried three different machines (1 XP, 2 Vista) with PhpED and they have the same problem with the same file on 3 different dev boxes. I realise the common factor is the file itself, but moving it locally worked, so I suspect some funky PhpEd/Linux/encoding thing is going on here. Help! Any ideas anyone?
Site Admin

Almost all Unix file systems including Linux ones (ext2/ext3) are casesensitive, therefore you can place 3 files Index.php, index.PHP, and index.php into the same directory and they will be there without any problems. But only one of them will be accessible through Samba, the other two will be ignored by Samba. Looks like it's what you encountered.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm afraid there is definitely only one file in there - I've listed the files via ssh on the server. I'm lost! Confused
File is ignored