NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Feature Request: Toolbar icons
Veteran

I use the following buttons all the time, and have them on the toolbar, but they are text so they take up loads of space.
Can you please design an icon for them?

Expand All
Collapse Functions and Methods
Collapse Comments

Can you also add an option to "Collapse Functions, Methods and Comments"

I use the above to collapse a class to method names only but if i have a few commented out methods, i have to collapse comments too, so it would be nice if they just collapsed with one button press.

Can i also have a toolbar button to "Go to the current debugging position". When debugging, as i step through code i tend to wander off looking at other things and other functions etc then i cant find the position in the file that the debugger is currently stopped on, so i have to go to the callstack, and click there to jump to the current debugging position. It would be nice if there was a button on the toolbar to just show me where it was in code.

On a related note, when i'm stepping through a file, debugging it, quite often i end up changing some code in a different method or a different file. This code change isn't realised when i then step into it. Its like PHPed has read all the files in advance, rather than as required during debug.
Can this be changed? So if i'm in file A, and i change a method in file B, when i continue stepping and i end up in file B, i will be debugging the code as saved on disk, rather than in PHPed memory.
Quite annoying when you spend 10 mins stepping through, then find a mistake, and need to start from the beginning again.

Hope thats clear?
Re: Feature Request: Toolbar icons
Site Admin

joeb wrote:
This code change isn't realised when i then step into it. Its like PHPed has read all the files in advance, rather than as required during debug.
Can this be changed? So if i'm in file A, and i change a method in file B, when i continue stepping and i end up in file B, i will be debugging the code as saved on disk, rather than in PHPed memory.
Quite annoying when you spend 10 mins stepping through, then find a mistake, and need to start from the beginning again.

Hope thats clear?

This is clear and it works in the following way:
Your changes in file B will be taken only if include statement for file B has not been passed in the steps before, otherwise it's php has already read your file, parsed it and wouldn't see your changes until next run.
PhpED is not involved into this process anyway.

joeb wrote:
Can you also add an option to "Collapse Functions, Methods and Comments"

perhaps there are 100x combinations to be added then. Please try to assign shortcuts to these two functions (or all three) in tools->settings->editor shortcuts->Code Folding. Then it will be pretty simple to fold/unfold corresponding blocks.
What would be really necessary - is MACRO recorder/player.

joeb wrote:
Can i also have a toolbar button to "Go to the current debugging position".

yep