Reply to topic
Feature Request

Very Sweet!

Here are a list of feature request:

* Ability to change app icon in taskbar
* Ability to allow app window to run inside system tray and as a service
* Add festures to add context menu options for apps running in the systray
* Ability to add splash screen on app startup
* Should be able to enable/disable window control button (close, minimize, maximized)
* should be able to set window border type (fixed, sizeable, dialog, etc)
* Should be able to set option to use FF for internal browser if available
* Hide/show statusbar
* Better printing options from within browser. Maybe something like a javascript object that allows the user to change print header, footer, number of copies, orientation, etc
* Add Linux/Mac support. Make it possible to run the app on Linux and MAC
* Add an installer/package for quick and easy deployments

That's it for now.

Add my 2c:

* Compile the ini into the executable to prevent editing
* System tray 'extensions' to enable some kind of visual feedback when operating there
* Ability to add menu items and adjust those menu items from the script perhaps, to create custom URLs that they will call - although this could be done in a dhtml kind of way in the browser, it would help bridge the web/desktop application bridge if some things were handled by the local 'system'
* A configurable status bar - use might not realise they're accessing an app through a web interface, when internet connections are made loading will be slow, standard IE style status bar might help

And finally - a slightly less 'transparent' installation - not something to bulletproof the scripts, ioncube can do that, rather something to make it much harder for a user to mess around, delete a PHP file in the installation and create errors etc.
Site Admin

Quote:
* Ability to change app icon in taskbar
* Ability to allow app window to run inside system tray and as a service
* Add festures to add context menu options for apps running in the systray

good

Quote:

it can be done in javascript

Quote:
* Should be able to enable/disable window control button (close, minimize, maximized)

already available

Quote:
* should be able to set window border type (fixed, sizeable, dialog, etc)

already available

Quote:

FF does not support this.

Quote:
* Hide/show statusbar

already available.

Quote:
* Better printing options from within browser. Maybe something like a javascript object that allows the user to change print header, footer, number of
copies, orientation, etc

can be done in javascript, as you noted Smile

Quote:
* Add Linux/Mac support. Make it possible to run the app on Linux and MAC
* Add an installer/package for quick and easy deployments

good.

Quote:
> it can be done in javascript

I was more looking at maybe something like a startup bitmap or png file that loods before app is loaded. Same thing that all the other windows apps can do.

Quote:
> FF does not support this.

I think it's currently available as an activex object:
Mozilla ActiveX Control
http://www.google.com/search?q=mozilla+activex+control

Quote:
* Better printing options from within browser. Maybe something like a javascript object that allows the user to change print header, footer, number of
copies, orientation, etc
> can be done in javascript, as you noted Smile

I don't think we can change printer page headers and footers in javascript
Site Admin

Quote:
I was more looking at maybe something like a startup bitmap or png file that loods before app is loaded. Same thing that all the other windows apps can do.

Well Smile I understand that, but I can not manage to get PhpDock loading in more than 0.4-0.6 sec. Such splash would make a little flash and immediately get off. Is it what you need? Perhaps not. But I got your idea and will think about it.

Quote:
I think it's currently available as an activex object:
Mozilla ActiveX Control
http://www.google.com/search?q=mozilla+activex+control

I know them. First it's not FF but Mozilla 1.7 (corresponding to FF 1.0 sources, not even 1.5)
This control in not stable when working with SSL protocol and does not handle popups well enough.
At this moment it looks a bit abandoned Smile. Component compiled from Mozilla 1.8 sources (FF 1.5) does not work at all.
And again, FF can't be used. If you have say FF 1.5 and install that component, you'll get two different installations of XPCOM (if this term makes any sense to you).

Quote:
I don't think we can change printer page headers and footers in javascript

Well, If browser is not good enough, you can print using PHP. Indeed, you can form an OFFICE document (using pure XML) and print out through MS WORD application using php COM/.NET extension. Why not? Smile
Alternatively you can form pdf on the fly using cpdf extension and print through adobe acrobat.

dmitri - one of the feature requests above that you said was a good idea was the ability to run PhpDock as a service. Is this planned for the upcoming release of the next version of PhpDock?

Change application's icon displayed in the Task Bar
Change .lic and .ini extensions to .php so they can be encoded (or change Nucoder to encode these extensions)
Add a check key to bond the php software to phpdock to prevent any unauthorised changes or redeployment (for use with Nucoder)
Ability to change the name of phpdock.exe (currently it conflicts with .lic file)
Remove 'NuSphere phpdock' suffix after using <title> tags
A simple installer + make short cut to desk top and set title (workaround for item 4 above)
Run as service

Multi platform - Run on Mac and Linux! ohhhhhhhhh ..................................................

NuCoder and PhpDock are Romeo and Juliet!
Feature Request