NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Feature Request: Debugger "Error level" setting
Veteran

Using PHP build 5025, I can select from several very useful Error level options for the Debugger. An important (IMHO) option missing from the list is to exclude strict checking (E_STRICT), a PHP 5 feature.

Why do I want to exclude strict checking? Because some PEAR libraries I use fail strict checking, making PhpED not want to debug when option 3 or 4 (all error and warning with or without notices) is selected.

I suggest the following new Error level options:
6 - All errors and warnings without strict checking
7 - All errors and warnings, and notices without strict checking

Someone else may find including settings for E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR, but I have not used that until now.

Thank you,
Stephen

Last edited by anno on Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileFind all posts by annoSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

If I may add to my previous suggestion -- how about an option for the Debug Error Level to follow the prevailing error_reporting setting in PHP. Here is an example:

• In php.ini I have the error_reporting set to E_ALL | E_STRICT so that I can find code errors, warning and notices and also check coding standards.
  • Because I use a third-party library (e.g. a PEAR module) that fails some E-STRICT checks, I wrap code such code in error_reporting(E_ERROR) to exclude the strict coding standards checks.
  • It will be very nice if the Debugger would use the error_reporting levels relevant to the different pieces of code. That will give me the ability to use maximum level of error checking at every debugging step.

I hope my explanation makes sense Wink