NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Feature request... Deal with local area networks

Sorry if someone's asked for this before, but I did a search and saw nothing similar. You provide copy local copy to the remote server based on FTP (only?).
My remote server is actually a testing server on my in-house LAN (without no FTP installed). Is there a way to edit the local file and propagate it to the server other than FTP? Currently I am editing files in Dreamweaver or PhpEd then using Dreamweaver to propagate since it knows how to deal with locally attached servers.

Hopefully I just missed something.... Either way, your docs could stand a revisit.... Not very clear!

From an experienced PHP programmer's perspective - (although a nubie to PhpEd).
Once I got past first base navigating thru the debugger things were easy to figure out..
Again, the docs made getting to first base a lot harder than it should have been.
A step by step demo would have been a great tool for me.

I use the same setup as you, the way I deal with this issue is to add an SCP server to phped. I run SSH on the test server, on a differant port. I don't have FTP either due to security considerations. Once the SCP connection is setup, I have a mapping setp in my project that maps a local directory to the appropriate remote directory. This mapping is then used by phped to transfer feils to the remote system over SSH.

To upload a file or directory, I right click it and select the upload (or smart sync) option in the file explorer. In addition, if you right click the tab where it shows the filename, there is an upload option on that menu to upload a single file.

Besides SSH, you can use various other protocols to upload files in this manner.

HTH.
Feature request... Deal with local area networks