NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Fast file search similar to Eclipse – Open Resource

The current project I'm working on has a lot of (sub)directories and similar named files. I'm having some trouble with quickly opening a file in the workspace. There is a quick search input window on top of workspace file list but it is not quite as handy and fast as what Eclipse does with "Open Resource" (shortcut CTR SHIFT R). I would love to have similar file searching capabilities in PHPED; a shortcut, followed by a freeform input field and an automagically updating list of matching files in the workspace (maybe sorted by last usage).

Edit: Found that a similar request was already active.

The great thing about the eclipse one is you don't even need the * if it's at the end - the box already shows you everything that starts with the string you typed, and filters it down as you carry on typing. The * works for mid-string matching (eg smart*.php).

I was going to load the same feature request then saw yours.

I've never used Eclipse's "Open Resource", however I used a lot SublimeText's search as you type file open box.

This feature would be a massive efficiency boost as currently opening files by locating them in project tree is pretty much the only action i do with a mouse in PhpEd.
Fast file search similar to Eclipse – Open Resource