NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Failed to start debug session, error: 1

Hi All,

I have just upgraded phpEd from version 5.2 to 5.5 and now when i try to debug my scripts i am recieving an error message stating that i need to ensure debugger module is installed.

As far as i am aware i am only trying to run the debugger with the local version installed with phpED built in server (SRV??) - which i thought phpEd setups automatically for you. Port 8080 is it not?

In other words - not another local server or remote server.

I have had a look at the settings and they seem to look good as far as i know.

Any one got any ideas?

Many Thanks
Simon

P.S i have attached a screenshot of the error message.

Just read this topic... won-t-upgrade-debugger-protocol-error-t5131.html

Quote:
Then go to your php.ini file and find where it loads the extension:

extension=php_dbg.dll-5.2.x should be replaced with extension=dbg-php-5.2.dll

Although a different error message was produced compared to my issue the suggestion on the other topic resolved my issue!

Simply had to change the extension name in the php.ini file

Mr. Green

Simon
Site Admin

Probably you did not allow setup to replace php.ini when it asked to do so. Otherwise you'd have correct file name there.

I gather that going to http://localhost/someUrl/some.php is not using the built in debugger so you have to manually install the debugger on your server.

So go back to http://www.nusphere.com/kb/technicalfaq/howto_install_dbg_module.htm and do the same steps you did before (don't forget to restart your server etc).

Dmitri, if you're monitoring, it would be nice if when someone upgrades to a version that the debugger changes that a message is displayed during the installation procedure, as opposed to being caught off guard.
Site Admin

Sure, PhpED comes with pre-configured php5 and php4 packages and they are working fine. (see Run mode -> Local SRV server)
In case if you work with Apache or IIS or any other 3rd party web server, you have to install debugger module manually.