NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Failed to start DBG session

Using FireFox 5.0 and BDGbar 0.6, I am getting the following error.

DBG 4.1.2

Failed to start DBG session

Reason: connection to the client at 208.94.146.70:7869 is not allowed in php configuration
Not sure what it means? Visit http://www.nusphere.com/dbg/ for troubleshooting.

Debugger request: "745883@http://rhaydenenterprises.com/AppDataFacilitator/:7869;d=1,p=0,c=0"
Request found in: "$_COOKIE['DBGSESSID']"
Target PHP version: "5.3.x"
Server API: "Apache 2.0 Handler"
Extensions API: "220090626"
Modules API: "20090626"
PHP API: "20090626"

I use NuSphere PhpED Toolbar 6.1 for IE and I am able to debug, but I'd like to get this working in my native development environment(Firefox).
Because I can debug just fine in IE, I assume my issue isn't with the server or PhpED and some setting with the toolbar, or maybe it doesn't work right now?
As well, very peculiar, that is the exact IP address given in the error, which is neither my IP or the servers IP... (Hosted with MediaTemple)
Guru master

Do you have a proxy server setup in Firefox? That might explain the different IP address.
Site Admin

Quote:
connection to the client at 208.94.146.70:7869 is not allowed in php configuration

Please read FAQ
http://www.nusphere.com/kb/technicalfaq/php_debugger_hosts_allow.htm

FWIW I had the same problem with a clean install of Xampp followed by a clean install of Nusphere.

Even though Nusphere could succefully test the debugger in the project wizard, I could not run a debug session.

The problem turned out to be that the Nusphere installer had placed a debugger.hosts_deny=ALL line in my php.ini
for my xampp localhost.

Lines added by Nusphere (note, I inserted spaces between lines) :

zend_extension="C:\xampp\php\ext\dbg-php-5.3.dll"
[debugger]
debugger.JIT_enabled=Off
debugger.JIT_level=3

debugger.hosts_deny=ALL <- problem
debugger.hosts_allow=127.0.0.1 <-no effect because of the deny=ALL

debugger.ports=7869

once I commented out the debugger.hosts_deny=ALL by placing a semi-colon in front of it
and restarted apache, debugging worked as expected.

I should point out that my message was slightly diffeent than yours in that it did not specifiy the IP address.

connection to the client at ::1:7869 is not allowed in php configuration

HTH
Site Admin

Quote:
debugger.hosts_deny=ALL <- problem
debugger.hosts_allow=127.0.0.1 <-no effect because of the deny=ALL

before posting such funny statements, you have to check this.
I guess you didn't, otherwise you wouldn't post Smile

hosts_deny blocks the listed items keeping all the other ENABLED.
To disable all except enabled you have to have
hosts_deny=ALL
and list all explicitly enabled in the hosts_allow line.

Most probably, your problem is with ipv6, and you have to add hosts_allow=::1, 127.0.0.1 instead of just hosts_allow=127.0.0.1
According to the original post, the author should have to have 208.94.146.70 listed here, not 127.0.0.1 (which is needed for local debugging only)

I wasn't trying to be funny -I simply posted what worked for me and what worked for me was to comment out the deny=ALL line - as far as I can tell it had nothing to do with ipv6 as I didn't add the changes you suggested. I realize that the OP was running remotely and that I was/am running locally but this topic is titled "Failed To Start DBG Session" -which is exactly the error I was receiving.

Cut and paste from my .ini:

zend_extension="C:\xampp\php\ext\dbg-php-5.3.dll"
[debugger]
debugger.JIT_enabled=Off
debugger.JIT_level=3
;debugger.hosts_deny=ALL
debugger.hosts_allow=127.0.0.1
debugger.ports=7869

I purchased PhpEd several years ago and recently purchased the upgrade to the current version. I'm starting to second guess that decision... Perhaps if the stickied topics in your forums (such as "HOWTO: Install DBG Module") didn't show a "Last Post" date of between 2004-2007 I'd have a little more confidence that this product was being actively supported or that those topics contained information that might be useful to me in 2011.

Cheers
Site Admin

In 2007 we started using helpdesk and it's where all the support issues are handled. Forum has nothing to do with the product maintanance since that time.

Regarding your funny suggestion -- if you didn't get it right, by removing hosts_deny, you just allowed all the addresses.

Correct answer: if you have both the lines hosts_deny and hosts_allow, and you get connection to the client at x.x.x.x:y is not allowed in php configuration -- it means that either PORT should be added to debugger.ports or x.x.x.x address should be added to debugger.hosts_allow, or both.