NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
"Failed to start DBG session" in external browser

For some days now I get a "Failed to start DBG session" error page when I try to open a local Apache website in my Chrome browser while PhpEd (build 8030) is not active. As soon as I start PhpEd everything is back to normal.
Yes, this Apache website is defined as a project im PhpEd too, but in the past I never had an issue with PhpEd projects when PhpEd was not running - they just worked flawlessly without PhpEd and the IDE only kicked in when it was started.
I need my local development websites to run without constantly having PhpEd open. How can I do that?

Regards, Jörg.
Site Admin

Check cookies. Perhaps, Chrome somehow preserved DBGSESSID dispate the fact that it is temporary.
BTW, what was written in the error? Where did it find DBGSESSID? In cookie?

I have purged cookies but the problem persists.

The Debug msg. in the browser window states:

Code:
DBG 4.6.3

Failed to start DBG session

Reason: failed to connect to the client at 127.0.0.1:7869, please make sure that IDE is running
Not sure what it means? Visit http://www.nusphere.com/dbg/ for troubleshooting.

Debugger request:   "412115926759000003;d=1,p=0,c=1"
Request found in:   "$_COOKIE['DBGSESSID']"
Target PHP version: "5.3.x"
Server API:         "Apache 2.0 Handler"
Extensions API:     "220090626"
Modules API:        "20090626"
PHP API:            "20090626"

Here is how to reproduce the problem:

– Create PhpED project using a vHost on a local WAMP installation.
– In PhpED select: Tools-->Default Browser-->Google Chrome
– Run project in Debugger (F9). Chrome window opens.
– Terminate PhpED and close the Chrome debugging window.
– Try to open the URL of the vHost in a new Chrome window. This either leads to the above error message or to an unwanted start of PhpED.
– If you select another default browser in PhpED, the problem does NOT go away. So the vHost is not usable from within Chrome anymore (only if PhpED is running in background).
– Workaround to get Chrome working again: Run project in PhpED without debugger (Ctrl+F9). Then close PhpED.

It looks like PhpED leaves some breakpoints within the PHP code after a Debugging session, even if PhpED is terminated.
Only by running once without debugger (Ctrl+F9) this breakpoint info can be purged. I should also be purged whenever PhpED is terminated!

Without knowing the Ctrl-F9 workaround the vHost becomes completely unusable outside of PhpED.
Guru master

Do you close ALL the Chrome windows? If any of them are left open or Chrome is still resident in memory, the cookie may still be there.

I'm unconvinced it is a PhpED issue, because I can't see how DBG could pickup a non-existant cookie and it certainly seems to getting a cookie. Maybe use the Chrome developer tools to review the headers and see if a cookie is being sent by Chrome.
Site Admin

Request found in: "$_COOKIE['DBGSESSID']"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

means that DBGSESSID was found in the cookie.