NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Failed to run SRV web server

Hello. I been using NuSphere PHPEd for quite a long time now without any problem whatsoever. Recently i updated to build 5920 and when i start the program i get this message:

Failed to run SRV web server.
SRV executable (C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\srv.exe) not found.

Of course i checked and the file is there, the only thing i noticed is that i have it with capital "s" (Srv.exe).

Any clues?

Thanks a lot in advance.
View user's profileFind all posts by leorouSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Site Admin

Quote:
Of course i checked and the file is there

Did you check with Windows Explorer?
If Vista's Virtualization is on, it may be fooling you showing the file while actually it's not there.
Visibility depends on the user account and Vista-compatibility status of the application that you're using to check.

Thanks dmitri for your response.

I found the file under Windows Explorer, but i don't think the problem is that it is a fake display because i can execute it by myself and the SRV web server displays as a tray icon as always did.

When i run srv.exe by myself, i tried to debug a file but i get the "Failed to start debug session". Then i tried to run a php file and i get this message "Internal server error. System Error. Code: 193. %1 is not a valid Win32 application"

Maybe this have to do to the fact that i'm running NuSphere PHPEd in an VM with VMware Player using Windows XP Pro, but it is shocking that i had no problem the last years using this configuration.

Thanks a lot in advance.
View user's profileFind all posts by leorouSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Site Admin

if you have something like this:
Quote:
is not a valid Win32 application

you need to check your system integrity and reinstall all affected files.
looks like some of the files are corrupted.