NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Failed to read fastcgi header

I have a php script working under IIS 7 / W7 just fine. When I run the same script in the Debugger on the same PC, I get "Internal server error. Failed to read fastcgi header". I suspect its something to do with the internal web server that the debugger uses.

Can someone point me in the right direction for resolving this?

Thanks,

Michael
Guru master

I don't use IIS 7 for debugging because I prefer to more closely emulate web servers by using Apache.

NuSphere DBG (the debugger) does not itself have an internal web server. PhpED (which is quite separate to DBG) does have its own web server (SRV) and whilst that is good for debugging some scripts, in this forum I've seen various people have problems with it primarily due to its differences compared with Apache. At the moment that may not have anything to do with your problem.

The error that you are seeing may be caused by PHP prematurely outputting text which causes FastCGI to fail. Have a look at https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=49362 for an example of the problem, although other warnings/errors can also cause this.

What versions of PhpED and PHP are you using? Do you have an example script you can show?

Thanks for the response PnP.

Indeed I am debugging in PhpED. I guess I've posted this to the wrong forum, sorry.

I had a look at "register_long_arrays" via the link you kindly provided but that didn't make any difference. I then commented out the code bit by bit so i could see where it was failing. I got to the point where I just has <?php and then ?> and it still failed with the fastCGI error. So I guess it's the installation of PhpED and the internal web server it provides on 8080. I did have the trial version and then installed on top of that when I purchased. I'm going to re-install it later and see if that helps.

Thanks for your help,

Michael

All fixed after a re-install. Phew, now I get onto the hard bit.

Cheers,

Michael
Failed to read fastcgi header